Jesse Brown....such a sad loss of one of our own.

NQ1965

PR Elite
(In case you guys missed this story)

1676632003676.png

Florida Boy, 11, Dies from a Flesh-Eating Infection After Twisting Ankle on Treadmill. "For this to kill him in just a matter of days was crazy," Jesse Brown's cousin said of the 11-year-old's death​

Saw this. Tragic. Unfortunately necrotizing fasciitis is a real thing and sepsis kills.

NEc fasc starts as a scratch and quickly gets out of control. Surgical intervention usually finds a tunneled mess and if survive a long trajectory of antibiotic therapy and multiple surgeries to close the wound. It’s just absolutely a bizarre bug that although rare is occurring in the environment.

Was this kid from Ohio somehow ? I saw this story in local news.

Nah, Florida resident.
It just really grabbed me seeing that he was a moto fanatic. I first seen it on fox news. They emphasized that although he was only 11, he was a skilled motocross racer with strong family and friend support.
Not very often that stories of dirt bike racers make it in the mainstream news.

Columbus's 610-WTVN has been bringing these news stories of these flesh-eating bacteria incidents periodically in their afternoon news recaps for several years now, it just seems that we are seeing this more and more often now. Pretty scary stuff!

I’ve definitely seen a lot of cases of it working like in an ICU, but the weird part is it really doesn’t spread from light patient patient. There’s no rhyme or reason why it happens or where it come from. It just happens it starts off as like a little scratch or a bruise and the next thing you know they’re going into the OR and they’re just cutting out tons of tissue that’s just overwhelmingly going out of control.

Back