Future of motocross

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Here's one for ya John! Even back in 1974 they were looking to go electric...

Dano762

PR Addict
Just replaced my 25 year old Honda mower with a new Honda Mower - the commercial version. Got it at my local Honda Powersports dealer and they had a good supply.

My old one still had life but Honda has announced they are stopping lawn mower production - so now or never for a gas powered Honda mower.

I am still surprised by how many (Not on here) think electricity production and battery production is free and with no harmful impact on environment. I support a number of spodumene and other lithium refinery processors - extraction and refining is energy intensive and water intensive. Also support Gigafactory Lithium battery cell production.

Technical progress is great but I have a hard time seeing charging and recharging lithium batteries as a massive/replacement at scale for fossil fuels as sustainable - for so many of the reason you guys have said.

My guess is lithium battery replacement for fossil fuels is a stop gap - Maybe a longish stop gap but there will be a better solution. I work a bunch with XOM, Shell, Chevron, Suncor, Total, and Reliance - they are working on some interesting alternatives.

Having said all that - it seems inevitable that we will only be able to choose new electric motocross bikes, lawn mowers, and cars within the next 20 years.

Meister

PR Founding Father
40 freakin K for a E toro grand stand........

Can't wait for these bikes from the big few to hit 20-25k...

John250

PR Founding Father
40 freakin K for a E toro grand stand........

Can't wait for these bikes from the big few to hit 20-25k...
The sport will decline for sure. As the economy is going, people will not have the disposable income. We have already seen bike sales slow down dramatically.

John250

PR Founding Father
So all you electric bike fans that talk about how "electric" bikes will open up more riding areas to you. I've said forever, its not the noise at all. The "greenies" will always continue to find a way to force you off your planet destroying dirt bike. Erosion, the green tree frog habitat, or whatever they can come up with next. Here in Moab, they are trying to close over 300 miles of off road roads. It will not stop because your riding a quiet motorcycle.

The state of Utah and a group of off-roading activists have each filed separate appeals challenging a recent Bureau of Land Management travel plan that would close more than 300 miles of dirt trails and roads to motorized use near Moab.

On Oct. 27, the state of Utah filed a notice of appeal to fight the Labyrinth Canyon and Gemini Bridges travel management plan, which was announced in late September, according to documents from the Utah Attorney General’s Office. The BlueRibbon Coalition and the Colorado Offroad Trail Defenders — two off-roading advocacy groups — followed suit on Monday with another appeal.

The plan closed 317 miles of trails and roads in the area, about 28% of the total 1,128 miles of routes in the Gemini Bridges and Labyrinth Canyon areas, a vast expanse along the Green River northwest of Moab....

More: https://www.deseret.com/utah/2023/10/30/23938967/moab-off-roading-updat…

Carlisle

PR Member
Just an fyi for all the electric homos….. ford dropped production of the lightning(electric) because no one is buying them and the cost for the manufacturers to produce them is astronomical. Saw a stark varg for sale for 20000$! Bahaha. Ok good luck with that. It’s being pushed by the crazy radical liberals. In 10 yrs electric will not have taken over the world and we will still be relying on fossil fuels. Let it go

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
IMG_3132.jpeg

Can’t wait for a new one of these suckers to come in….

I am a male nurse though. So there’s that.

My opinion remains. Moto is small enough to be able to successfully go full electric. Society on the other hand…no chance.

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
I think the little electric 50s are great for the sport but I don’t see the point in going farther than the 50s. I think 50s are great for the kids to learn to ride along with being able to ride in the middle of a neighborhood and no one knowing. I used to ride in a field in my neighborhood when I was little I could of ripped laps all day on one of them

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
Just an fyi for all the electric homos….. ford dropped production of the lightning(electric) because no one is buying them and the cost for the manufacturers to produce them is astronomical. Saw a stark varg for sale for 20000$! Bahaha. Ok good luck with that. It’s being pushed by the crazy radical liberals. In 10 yrs electric will not have taken over the world and we will still be relying on fossil fuels. Let it go

that stark sold same day for the 20k, and i know of another that was purchased for 20k about a month ago also.

there is a demand whether people want to love it or hate it.

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
All I’m going to say is, you’re not doing a 3 hour race with an electric bike. Can barely get the battery to last 45 min

in about 35 min of track time on a stark i used about 35-40% battery at a decent pace with HP setting ranging anywhere from 45-80 throughout.

i imagine an hour at full race pace on a stark is not a problem at all, which is enough for most of your race days including a few rounds of practice.

i dont think you buy an electric bike because you want to race 3 hours in the woods on it. who gives a s**t.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I got limits. I don’t care how awesome a stark is I’m not paying 20g’s. That’s clearly not sustainable. New 300sx around 9500 out the door….. I can buy a lot of Fuel and maintenance and still be way under the 20 grand by the time I sell the bike. That’s maddening.

s**t I won’t even pay $42 for a ribeye at a restaurant now. I used to get pissed when they were $27. But I’d still pay it at $27. But not 42.

Carlisle

PR Member
that stark sold same day for the 20k, and i know of another that was purchased for 20k about a month ago also.

there is a demand whether people want to love it or hate it.
The demand is for the next cool thing!! It will run its course and dwindle just like electronic vehicles! Only a moron would spend 20000$ on a dirtbike!! Wait till the first time someone is riding one, no matter the brand, and there’s a short with the battery and it catches on fire!!! Bahaha

Y’all should be more excited about the Ducati!!!!