Future of motocross

So the Government is encouraging EV automobile manufactures to lower the price on EV's and they have even asked them in the short term to cut their profits. Tesla they said has cut prices 4 times. How would you like to have a used EV and now cant sell it, because a new one is cheaper than your 20.000 mile used one?

At $20,000 EV bikes, the sport will die. There is a breaking point on disposable income to race direct bikes. Your average joe is not affording a $20.000 dirt bike, truck, housing, kids, food, etc.

And I agree with Matthew. EV bikes almost need a damn rearview mirror on them. You will not hear one coming up on the inside or outside of you, and bam, disaster.

So the Government is encouraging EV automobile manufactures to lower the price on EV's and they have even asked them in the short term to cut their profits. Tesla they said has cut prices 4 times. How would you like to have a used EV and now cant sell it, because a new one is cheaper than your 20.000 mile used one?

At $20,000 EV bikes, the sport will die. There is a breaking point on disposable income to race direct bikes. Your average joe is not affording a $20.000 dirt bike, truck, housing, kids, food, etc.

And I agree with Matthew. EV bikes almost need a damn rearview mirror on them. You will not hear one coming up on the inside or outside of you, and bam, disaster.
disaster? I mean maybe if Vince friese gets to race one and everyone else is on 4 strokes.

How often are you crossing all over the track?? You’ve never been passed off guard??

Well we saw what happened to Trey canard trying to race one. Dnf two of three motos due to the bike
Both DNF’s were from crashes not the bike failing. Throttle housing broke getting stuck in Jay Wilson’s back wheel when Jay slammed him.

Then bike was bent to s**t when Trey folded himself…..

Both things happen on gas bikes also…..

Last edited:
There’s a YouTube out there of Pastrana riding the Stark Varg. He said it’ll make up to 80 HP if you set it on max. That should be plenty, dontcha think?

As far as $20K for an E-bike? How many trucks w/trailers do you see hauling 2 or 3 UTVs down he road on the weekend. Those suckers go for $20K plus, don’t they?

E-bike prices will likely be high until mass production scales up and makes them cheaper to produce.

There’s a YouTube out there of Pastrana riding the Stark Varg. He said it’ll make up to 80 HP if you set it on max. That should be plenty, dontcha think?

As far as $20K for an E-bike? How many trucks w/trailers do you see hauling 2 or 3 UTVs down he road on the weekend. Those suckers go for $20K plus, don’t they?

E-bike prices will likely be high until mass production scales up and makes them cheaper to produce.
Yea but their wives and kids can’t ride shotgun on the varg. The side by side stuff seems somewhat worth it. And again they’re not electric either.

I do think you’re right on the scale tho. All the manufacturers get into the piece it’ll drive costs down to gain market share. Technology will get cheaper just like big screen tvs.

“If you build it they will come”

Some people have a breaking point but a lot don’t. Look at a f350 dually…. 100k for a new one. People buy it. Look at dirt bikes. They have doubled in price in 15yrs.

And why do people have a practice and race bike? Maybe because wear and tear? Does this bike eliminate the need for both? Maybe? So does the cost of 1 bike, which is the price of 2, cancel each other out?

Well FJB could just print more money to give to Average Joe. Then he could afford it :rolleyes:

“If you build it they will come”

Some people have a breaking point but a lot don’t. Look at a f350 dually…. 100k for a new one. People buy it. Look at dirt bikes. They have doubled in price in 15yrs.

And why do people have a practice and race bike? Maybe because wear and tear? Does this bike eliminate the need for both? Maybe? So does the cost of 1 bike, which is the price of 2, cancel each other out?
Do people still have a practice bike and a race bike ? I think that lifestyle was priced out years and years ago.

So if everyone is on an EV, does it not make every manufacturers "motor" the exact same basically? I personally think when these things start wearing out, they will be paperweights and have little to no resale value. You can sell a 5 or 6 year old MX bike, sometimes easier than a 1 or 2 year old bike. Can you sell a 6 year old EV?

So if everyone is on an EV, does it not make every manufacturers "motor" the exact same basically? I personally think when these things start wearing out, they will be paperweights and have little to no resale value. You can sell a 5 or 6 year old MX bike, sometimes easier than a 1 or 2 year old bike. Can you sell a 6 year old EV?

thats probably my biggest blocker on wanting to own one.. i want to see what happens 2-3 years from now what these things are worth and what direction they are going. im not spending 13k on a stark to turn around and sell it in a year for 5k.

Reminds me of the weird transition we went thru back when Yamaha brought out the 426 four strokes. It took awhile for the market to come around to a new way of thinking. And it took awhile for the Big 4 to work out the bugs.
Look how good the 4 strokes are now.

Yea. You wonder when they’ll offer to piece meal these bikes together.

They’ll sell the rolling Chassis, and you’ll be able to select which motor you want in them. I just want to know how many cycles you can expect before performance drop and how many cycles before dead altogether

Here you go ......saving the environment from gas usage and noise.

▶️ Watch this reel

Screenshot_20231211_212800_Facebook.jpg

Why will ev bikes kill racing ? The lack of sound. Lack of excitement. Imagine being at the races and it's quiet, boring. I've watched multiple videos with Stark bikes and it gets boring real quick. Think about Nascar, how boring would it be without roaring engines. When you're at the races it's the sound and power you feel as riders come by that contribute greatly to the experience.

I'm not against them at all, I just think for around the house and play riding they are great and can help our sport. But for pro racing I honestly believe people will get bored and stop going to watch.

Back