Stupid fees

John250

PR Founding Father
I am totally OK with Transponders at all races. Motocross is about the only form of motorsports where they do not require them. Past time for everyone to get with 2023, and use transponders.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
I am totally OK with Transponders at all races. Motocross is about the only form of motorsports where they do not require them. Past time for everyone to get with 2023, and use transponders.
I'm OK with them. Definitely better to buy one once a lot of the tracks you ride at have them.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
$60 to rent at a moto event.
$10 to rent at a sprint enduro. Same transponder.

for as much headache as I went through owning one….easier to rent. I suppose if I raced every weekend would be worth the hassle to warranty and send back and troubleshoot these shitboxes.

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
So I’m looking and fees for Mx sports went up again. Qualifying fees are $20 a class now. Why do we keep getting more and more money to Mxsports? JO might need the input on this subject. It’s now $20 a class for areas and $60 a class for regionals. Stuffs getting ridiculous. It’s an expensive sport and I understand that but why do we keep raising fees? We wonder why there’s pro practicers. And wonder why these qualifiers get way less entries.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
So I’m looking and fees for Mx sports went up again. Qualifying fees are $20 a class now. Why do we keep getting more and more money to Mxsports? JO might need the input on this subject. It’s now $20 a class for areas and $60 a class for regionals. Stuffs getting ridiculous. It’s an expensive sport and I understand that but why do we keep raising fees? We wonder why there’s pro practicers. And wonder why these qualifiers get way less entries.

I would contact MX Sports. My guess is because everything else is going up, but I have no direct feedback in setting those fees.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Two years ago it was $10. Yeah, I mean, do you really expect it to stay the same forever? I don't think you do, but 100% increase for AQ's? Some of these increases seem out of balance. Would think Regionals would increase more due to less riders as compared to the AQ's. Just my logic which doesn't seem to work in the real world...

Let us know what MX Sports says...

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
Two years ago it was $10. Yeah, I mean, do you really expect it to stay the same forever? I don't think you do, but 100% increase for AQ's? Some of these increases seem out of balance. Would think Regionals would increase more due to less riders as compared to the AQ's. Just my logic which doesn't seem to work in the real world...

Let us know what MX Sports says...
Like I said I get it is expensive. But what does this money even go to. Like what does Mx sports do with it. I get Loretta’s but they makes so much money off one event. I think if the qualifying fees weren’t so high you would have more entries at Aqs and more people trying for LL. But anymore people can’t afford to even try

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Like I said I get it is expensive. But what does this money even go to. Like what does Mx sports do with it. I get Loretta’s but they makes so much money off one event. I think if the qualifying fees weren’t so high you would have more entries at Aqs and more people trying for LL. But anymore people can’t afford to even try
Maybe they are trying to filter down those that come??? Sure, makes no sense, but what you say is what will happen then. Guess we'll see.

hershey

PR Elite
What do they do with it ???? Lmfao, they put it in their pockets. Think about what they have to do, nothing different than what JO does to track riders for year end awards. Same for regionals only less. It's all money in thier pockets. All they do is organize and track riders. No hands on work.

They double pricing because they can. There is no shortage of riders so why wouldn't they?

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I mean they do a lot. To plan all that is essentially rinse wash and repeat but they’re trying to make things bette

for as much money as they pull in…..the mxsports Rigs are pretty clapped. Ha.

And they could charge $100 and $200 for the AQ and rc qualifying fees. And people will still pay it. And they can run out of sign up bags and awards and people will still race it.

We are pretty dumb as consumers of the sport. If everyone said eff off we aren’t racing this series for 1 year. They’d meet the people’s demands to get them back. But right now the product and prestige absolutely sells itself backed by the manufacturers. It’s like you pave the way from 50s all the way to the pro ranks to make it understood that nobody makes money here. Except moto tees and Morgantown.

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
I mean realistically now a $300 weekend is any weekend you race a AQ. Then regionals is probably a $400 weekend without the fees of pre registering. No gas no food nothing. I definitely think that there won’t be near as many people at qualifiers this year. Regionals there will always be people but areas I saw last year quite a drop from normal in all classes at most areas. It’s because people don’t wanna pay $60 a class and ride 3 classes and practice and pay to get in. Definitely think it’s filtering out those weekend warrior people

John250

PR Founding Father
You're going to see a drop in the number of people this year at all races probably. Because the economy sucks, inflation is hitting people, fuel is expensive, and groceries are expensive. People will cut out so much racing.

hershey

PR Elite
I mean realistically now a $300 weekend is any weekend you race a AQ. Then regionals is probably a $400 weekend without the fees of pre registering. No gas no food nothing. I definitely think that there won’t be near as many people at qualifiers this year. Regionals there will always be people but areas I saw last year quite a drop from normal in all classes at most areas. It’s because people don’t wanna pay $60 a class and ride 3 classes and practice and pay to get in. Definitely think it’s filtering out those weekend warrior people
We went to SOBMX for an area qualifier, it was stacked. 34 kids in austins classes. Some classes had consi's.

The true form of capitalism and the democratic part of our country (not the republic) is the consumer. Every single day, everyone votes with money. You spend money on things that you want or need that are supplied to you in a fashion you want. Until people stop spending money either because they decide their is no value in mx or a better promoter comes along with better value, MX Sports is going to make serious cash and raise fees until they see a turn down in revenue.

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
We went to SOBMX for an area qualifier, it was stacked. 34 kids in austins classes. Some classes had consi's.

The true form of capitalism and the democratic part of our country (not the republic) is the consumer. Every single day, everyone votes with money. You spend money on things that you want or need that are supplied to you in a fashion you want. Until people stop spending money either because they decide their is no value in mx or a better promoter comes along with better value, MX Sports is going to make serious cash and raise fees until they see a turn down in revenue.
A element added in that is it was one of the first areas for that region. These areas get very tiny crowds the farther into them you get. But your right it’ll never change unless people stop paying it

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
$300???? Lmfao. I could really go for a $300 weekend about now. You guys . I was at 2k for gatorback given the engine issue in Friday practice. I had $1,000 In fuel. Probably gonna be $1,500 in fuel for Texas in two weeks.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Shut up rich man. That’s only 50 riders at $30 a pop for your first open practice

/s

Off my sarcastic block:

3ABBF319-829E-48C6-BAC6-7F12A732A583.jpeg

I didn’t race nearly as much as some of you. But the motor home slurps fuel. And I also buy vp cans with this Sam’s card. 5% cash back on fuel. Plus 3% back in club etc etc. literally the only card that pays me to use it. Membership fee is 119. But you’re paying that anyway to use the club.

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
Shut up rich man. That’s only 50 riders at $30 a pop for your first open practice

/s

Off my sarcastic block:

View attachment 78484

I didn’t race nearly as much as some of you. But the motor home slurps fuel. And I also buy vp cans with this Sam’s card. 5% cash back on fuel. Plus 3% back in club etc etc. literally the only card that pays me to use it. Membership fee is 119. But you’re paying that anyway to use the club.
You had to get a lot of gas and groceries for all that cash back. Ha ha. Not very hard to spend $100 each fill up in the diesels. At least it’s going down. Me and the girlfriend were betting money how much it would cost to fill up the van and to fill it all the way up was $85 which wasn’t bad at all considering when I got it I had a fill up for $125. The duramax van is great for me best set up I’ve ever had and get probably 25 miles per gallon. I can go 8 trips to Eastfork and back

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Kinda ironic, underground is charging $300 for 30 amp rv hookups, $350 for 50. I noticed tomahawk was the same for the AQ that just happened. Thoughts on this $300??