MXGP Got to change

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
The MXGP needs to change their schedule. Pro motocross the schedule is qualifying in the morning twice and two motos. MXGP they have qualifying and qualifying races making it a two day event. Yesterday Sewer crashed so hard in the qualifying race. But why even have these races. They’re pointless and there is no need to have them at all. Multiple guys have gotten seriously hurt in these qualifying races and they mean absolutely nothing. Sunday is the only day that really matters in the MXGP schedule. They need to get rid of Saturday for the safety of the riders. No need to put them at risk anymore than they already do for a race that means nothing.

All they race is outdoors over there. No SX, so consider the Saturday their SX race. The risk isn’t really worth the reward. Kind of like our SX season.

As I’ve watched SX this season I constantly ask myself is the risk worth the reward. The reason Craig was 7th place last night was only because he has made it this far in the season and not been hurt. There are at least 5 other riders faster than him and had they not been hurt in SX he would have been 12th

I’m curious the statistics of professionals (top20) that get hurt in SX vs outdoors in a given season.

No offense to Karnow but the reason he is making the mains the later half of this season is because the 450 field of top riders has been cut dramatically.

I guess in the end there is always the risk of getting hurt but is the risk always worth the reward in SX. To Feld they are just gladiators and there is always a new batch ready to take the place of the fallen rider.

Last edited:
All they race is outdoors over there. No SX, so consider the Saturday their SX race. The risk isn’t really worth the reward. Kind of like our SX season.

As I’ve watched SX this season I constantly ask myself is the risk worth the reward. The reason Craig was 7th place last night was only because he has made it this far in the season and not been hurt. There are at least 5 other riders faster than him and had they not been hurt in SX he would have been 12th

I’m curious the statistics of professionals (top20) that get hurt in SX vs outdoors in a given season.

No offense to Karnow but the reason he is making the mains the later half of this season is because the 450 field of top riders has been cut dramatically.

I guess in the end there is always the risk of getting hurt but is the risk always worth the reward in SX. To Feld they are just gladiators and there is always a new batch ready to take the place of the fallen rider.
I totally agree that the field has thinned out like it always does by Daytona. Injuries happen and all the privateers finally start making it in cause the factory boys are laid up. However in America Supercross is the main focus and Moto is on the back burner so the risk is for more money on supercross and that’s why people such as Karnow don’t even race motocross in the summer. But why have these qualifying races at all to risk the racers with no points involved or anything that’s where the riders need to come together and say we are done racing the qualifying races on Saturday and just not line up. One protest and it all changes

The MXGP needs to change their schedule. Pro motocross the schedule is qualifying in the morning twice and two motos. MXGP they have qualifying and qualifying races making it a two day event. Yesterday Sewer crashed so hard in the qualifying race. But why even have these races. They’re pointless and there is no need to have them at all. Multiple guys have gotten seriously hurt in these qualifying races and they mean absolutely nothing. Sunday is the only day that really matters in the MXGP schedule. They need to get rid of Saturday for the safety of the riders. No need to put them at risk anymore than they already do for a race that means nothing.
They now pay points for those qualifying races, but are only counted towards the year end championship, not on the weekend standings. so there are another 10 points to go towards the world championship standings, but not the weekend results standings.

They hope to make Saturdays more eventful and bring in people. That is the theory

You old enough to remember when our nationals were two day events Mathew? I loved those days and think cramming everything into one day kinda sucks. Having qualifying added alot more racing and it was nice.
I never even knew they had nationals two day events. I am a little young

You old enough to remember when our nationals were two day events Mathew? I loved those days and think cramming everything into one day kinda sucks. Having qualifying added alot more racing and it was nice.
I am old enough to remember. By the time Matthew came along, Kenworthys did not even exist anymore.

Back