Cold weather riding

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
So I have had a little run in with people getting in their feelings on Facebook because I said no one wants to ride today. Sunday. It’s 17 degrees feels like 8 and will only get up to 35. Now I ride when it’s anything in the 40s and up. I suggested cancelling the event and rescheduling. Then people decided to get in their feelings about it. So I wanna know how many of you are riding in weather under 40 degrees for a practice day?

Have I in the past? Yeah. When I was younger I'd ride in any weather if track was ok.

Now.. hard pass... Lol
Exactly. It’s only 21 degrees right now and the high is 35. It’s practice not a race. Therefore no one is going to wanna ride in it. Unless you crazy

Also from a promoter and owner standpoint unless it’s an area qualifier. Scotty P, JO, and any owner is cancelling their event when it’s mid 20s and high of 35 all day

Bro ….I need 70, maybe to about 78 then I will bitch about it being too hot! Plus I need no wind ..has to be a Saturday….I need Sunday to recover! And must be an early start time and a chick fila has to be on the way there or back. And I need to get a good sleep the night before or no ride. Hahahaha Don’t worry anything you suggest or say SOMEBODY GONNA BITCH ABOUT IT! Hahahahaha

Bro ….I need 70, maybe to about 78 then I will bitch about it being too hot! Plus I need no wind ..has to be a Saturday….I need Sunday to recover! And must be an early start time and a chick fila has to be on the way there or back. And I need to get a good sleep the night before or no ride. Hahahaha Don’t worry anything you suggest or say SOMEBODY GONNA BITCH ABOUT IT! Hahahahaha
Everyone gets in their feelings anymore. One guy told me to quit bitching and go back to pitracer with the 12 other experts. Wow. Sounds like we are getting noticed let’s keep up the expert ways.

Everyone gets in their feelings anymore. One guy told me to quit bitching and go back to pitracer with the 12 other experts. Wow. Sounds like we are getting noticed let’s keep up the expert ways.
Hey…easy. I take pride in being a pit-bitch. You’re not at that level yet. Need more experience. You’re getting close tho. Not everyone can get under bjs skin. Except maybe the 10-12 pit-bitches. Bj at beans will bestow that honor upon you if you’re worthy.

60 plus degrees for me to ride…can’t stand to be cold any more.. also needs to be sunny…no mud or ruts…and no practice session if we are throwing it all out on the table..

2 years in a row a friend of mine and myself ride every single weekend. There were some seriously cold ones, lots of snowy ones, very muddy ones and some hot ones. I was in my mid 20s and we did it all in the woods.

This winter mx training in the Carolinas with highs in the mid 30s a few days for Austin at sand tracks.

Mx in ohio with those temperatures equals frozen ground, count us out.

Woah woah ….The expert level of pitracer is a special group! Hahaha

Woah woah ….The expert level of pitracer is a special group! Hahaha
Very special group. I’m not to it yet but obviously everyone doesn’t go unnoticed. I ride when it’s cold outside but I also ride when I know it’s capable to have a decent track that’s not frozen. We don’t have a sand track in Ohio so like Hershey said the ground is frozen. I say one thing about the weather in a Facebook thread and everyone gets in their feelings like some liberals

Yeah, back in the day I was like Hershey. Buddy and me road as long as the trails were open. Didn't matter. Now, it's not so much I don't want to, I just don't need to. Kudos to those that still want to and don't have to have everything primo and prepped. It's just not me anymore.

I am pretty sure I could get Spencer to ride in the teens with single digit wind chill...just sayin;...

Yeah, back in the day I was like Hershey. Buddy and me road as long as the trails were open. Didn't matter. Now, it's not so much I don't want to, I just don't need to. Kudos to those that still want to and don't have to have everything primo and prepped. It's just not me anymore.

I am pretty sure I could get Spencer to ride in the teens with single digit wind chill...just sayin;...
Under 40 degrees riding is so miserable.

Under 40 degrees riding is so miserable.
All depends on your mindset. Is it that it is so damn cold or is it that you are riding?... Thinking your dad has made you think older earlier than most of us...lol. Not all bad. You just won't ride as much as you might have otherwise in Ohio. ;)

Man.....makes a Dad proud. Bringing up the next generation of Pit Bitch "expert". In Matthews defense he is coming up on 16 straight years of racing and is not even 20 yet! Rode his first race at AMS a month after his fourth birthday.

Austin will be the next one. Hershey and I are trying to pass the baton onto the next generation!

Back