Chase Sexton mental issues

John250

PR Founding Father
Chase Sexton has got to be the biggest head case in the 450 class. AP7 clearly made a mistake in Detroit and got his foot ripped off the peg and went down, it happens. But the crash like Chase had in Seattle was just goofy. It looked like he grabbed the front brake in slow motion and locked it up and went over the bars. Just mentally breaks when he is out front. How many times just this year has he been leading the main events and crashed? 4 or 5 now? Cooper and Eli know it too. So when Cooper toys with him in the heat race, that's got to be playing with him mentally when they are hounding him in 2nd and 3rd. Just kind of funny to watch. It's like you know he is going to eventually implode. Kind of like watching Mookie as well, you know he is probably going to crash.

Speaking of Mookie. How long does a factory team keep him on the roster? He is SX only right? When was the last time he rode a full season?

FB_IMG_1679920085863.jpg

Guess I need to watch the main again. Thinking I woke up about mid race...lol. I got the result I was looking for, so I was satisfied. ;)

Never seen Meister or Robinson trying to win 450SX title either!
Could be wrong but I don’t think chase likes the bike. Or I think he might be doing so much stuff to it that it isn’t comfortable to ride. Yes mentally he has had many breaks and moments. But I think he’s due for something fresh that’s not a Honda. After this year I think his contract is up and I would go running for another brand.

Could be wrong but I don’t think chase likes the bike. Or I think he might be doing so much stuff to it that it isn’t comfortable to ride. Yes mentally he has had many breaks and moments. But I think he’s due for something fresh that’s not a Honda. After this year I think his contract is up and I would go running for another brand.
Rumor mill is that he is looking at KTM. Jett and Hunter will come in and kick him off the 450 ride for Honda anyway.

I am not sure it's all that. He's fast, not doubt. Issue being to be that fast he's living on the edge. Too close to it....and/or past it way too often. If he rides in a comfortable space, he's still fast and will be more consistent. He just needs to mature in his riding a little bit or....

maybe John is right. He's a basket case and just not very good... Kinda like JS7. ;)

Last edited:
It's not the bike. At that level, there is so much that can be done to the bikes to get them right. But if Honda is like factory Yamaha was, they have their people who think they know what the riders want more than the riders. Star has proven that. Their suspension guys have got those bikes dialed.

Who's chase replacing at KTM? I don't see Cooper or AP7 going anywhere next year.

It's not the bike. At that level, there is so much that can be done to the bikes to get them right. But if Honda is like factory Yamaha was, they have their people who think they know what the riders want more than the riders. Star has proven that. Their suspension guys have got those bikes dialed.

Who's chase replacing at KTM? I don't see Cooper or AP7 going anywhere next year.
Webb and AP7 contracts are up and I look to see Webb going elsewhere. Rumors are, Webb may be going back to blue.

I can see Webb possibly going to star. But rumor now has it Eli might be coming back in 2024. Webb is riding great. AP is a journeyman. I look for KTM to resign both of them to two year deals. I could see Sexton replacing Mookie at Husky or perhaps Gas Gas going to a two rider team on 450s.

I am not so sure on Sexton. He is a contracted Monster rider and I bet that contract is pretty lucrative. So going to KTM might not happen for that reason alone. Perhaps Yamaha or Kawasaki. I think KTM absolutely keeps AP7 for another 2 year deal.

Sexton will need to hurt himself at minimum intermittently for a total of 18 months for Honda to drop. Couple arm surgeries. Etc etc.

Marvin

Back