Stark MX Bikes

John250

PR Founding Father
So Stark went back and made some "improvements" to their MX bike. Increasing battery life and performance over the battery duration.

So does that mean when the battery gets lower, performance falls off? Because when my bike gets low on gas it still goes just as fast, it's just lighter.

Also for stark to gain the new "performance" enhancement the bike had to gain 17lbs!! Now coming in at the low low weight of 260lbs!

So will they add a PIG class for the new stark? Because it obviously is the new Red Big of the motocross world.

Can buyers get their down payments back they put down two years ago?

i highly doubt they would lose performance... that would be the dumbest thing they could do.. im sure they are smarter than that.

i dont think the weight really matters as much here anyways, think about how much lighter a 250 feels compareed to a 450..yet the yz for example the 450 is only 9 pounds heavier. the alta weighed 260lbs but I definitely didn't hop on it and think it was heavy at all...

I think these things are going to be pretty bad ass if you can get over it. do I hope they replace real bikes? no.. but do I think theres a market and a use for them? absolutely.. and then flexability you'll get from them will be awesome. i sorta regret not pre ordering one but luckily got a few friends that did so im sure I got a few test rides in my future!

my biggest concern will be resale..like the alta if it DOES flop, your left with a pretty expensive paper weight.

I want to see some guy but one three years old to trail ride with. How long will it go? I mean guys leave at 9am and get back at 4 pm when trail riding.

I put a deposit in on one of these. Backyard racing might be making a comeback.

I put a deposit in on one of these. Backyard racing might be making a comeback.
Those look pretty cool!

The Surron has really taken off. Good power and suspension and a decent run time for what it is.

The Alta was pretty cool but it definitely had its quirks. I didn't like how abrupt the power was in the upper modes for cornering mostly. And the lower modes were too slow to ride in. They need to make a shifter in the same spot to change modes easier. And I know I'll get blown up but they need a plc to run the motor and put a lever on it to make it act just like a clutch. It's about control not slipping. A few pros said the same thing, the throttle is way too responsive and you can't finesse the power as needed with your wrist.

I think the electric bike will get there and could possibly take over like 4 strokes did. The largest hurdle is the battery, with just 50cc bikes, there are a plethora of loud ass effing cheap generators in the pits at area qualifiers. There is no way a portable generator is going to charge a full size bike in an acceptable amount of time for average or above riders in mx let alone any rider that does general off road riding.

Clutch lever would be programmed to let the bike free wheel? Progressively? How would you Mimick clutch from a design standpoint that makes sense and conserve battery?

got to ride a varg today!! holy s**t!!!!!!!!!!! i only got to ride it down a gravely / dirt ish driveway/ path but .. wow.

I cant imagine full 80hp mode on a track. i cant imagine ever wanting or needing it. its mind blowing fast (yet still smooth) the bike feels very light and very balanced. the stock components are awesome (really nice triple clamps, nice hubs, awesome foot pegs, really interesting cool rear brake design, etc). The attention to detail is amazing and it seems like they thought of just about everything.

The phone/control center app thing is awesome, probably mostly because im an IT nerd but, the adjustability of the bike is cool. 5 modes available at the press of a button, set up however you want. 80hp maybe for start? maybe? and then 45-50 is probably going to be the sweet spot. 35 felt like a mod 125.

I am impressed and I cant wait to throw a leg over one on a track. I am pissed I didnt order one myself, just looked at the order now and price is up $1,000 from before and ETA is now feb of 2025!!

got to ride a varg today!! holy s**t!!!!!!!!!!! i only got to ride it down a gravely / dirt ish driveway/ path but .. wow.

I cant imagine full 80hp mode on a track. i cant imagine ever wanting or needing it. its mind blowing fast (yet still smooth) the bike feels very light and very balanced. the stock components are awesome (really nice triple clamps, nice hubs, awesome foot pegs, really interesting cool rear brake design, etc). The attention to detail is amazing and it seems like they thought of just about everything.

The phone/control center app thing is awesome, probably mostly because im an IT nerd but, the adjustability of the bike is cool. 5 modes available at the press of a button, set up however you want. 80hp maybe for start? maybe? and then 45-50 is probably going to be the sweet spot. 35 felt like a mod 125.

I am impressed and I cant wait to throw a leg over one on a track. I am pissed I didnt order one myself, just looked at the order now and price is up $1,000 from before and ETA is now feb of 2025!!
Can’t wait to get one. When’s the waffle

Back