Goggle lens for night races?

stangbro01

PR Addict
What’s everyone’s preference for night races? My son is having a hard time seeing the ruts, I used to run yellow or amber but I seen they make a persimmon lens now also?

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
I would run clear lenses. Personally I do not race night races anymore due to the safety factor and how sketchy they get. Not being able to see at full potential can cause serious mistakes and I have 20/20 vision.

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
I would run clear lenses. Personally I do not race night races anymore due to the safety factor and how sketchy they get. Not being able to see at full potential can cause serious mistakes and I have 20/20 vision.
That's why my son doesn't do them and fair races. Just to dark for him to be comfortable.

Meister

PR Founding Father
My eyes have always sucked but now, i can't even do it. I used to only be able to use clear and they had to be fresh lenses.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Yeah, night races are cool. Just have to ride within the track conditions. Not so much different than any other race...

That said, clear lens at night. :)

You hit Malvern Saturday? How was it? We were supposed to be there... :(

stangbro01

PR Addict
Yeah, night races are cool. Just have to ride within the track conditions. Not so much different than any other race...

That said, clear lens at night. :)

You hit Malvern Saturday? How was it? We were supposed to be there... :(
Track turned out great! They started morning practice around noon, was a little muddy but they had so much mulch down it wasn’t terrible, perfect by race time. My son loved the new layout, seemed more rider friendly.

hershey

PR Elite
Clear lens at bight when I did night races. The yellow never worked well for.my eyes at night, I used them on cloudy days always though. The goggles we use now don't offer yellow, only amber and I don't care for them as much.

John250

PR Founding Father
Track turned out great! They started morning practice around noon, was a little muddy but they had so much mulch down it wasn’t terrible, perfect by race time. My son loved the new layout, seemed more rider friendly.
Hershey loves fresh mulch!

stangbro01

PR Addict
Thanks fellas!, Its been years since i raced but i thought i remember liking yellow, it seemed to bring out the ruts better, he had clear on for the race and didn't like them, guess ill get a yellow one and see if its any better.