Regionals update

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
So who all went to regionals this year?? I went to redbud and spring creek. Red bud was full of bad luck and it’s bike problems that felt endless and never getting a single good Moto in besides the very first Moto of the weekend. So it was a wash and didn’t gel with the track. Then went to spring creek which is super cool definitely would go back and felt actually really good on the track. Once again second Moto of the weekend kid came from right hand side of the jump in which I jumped on the left hand side to make a pass and came over while I was in air which led to me landing and locking bars and tumbling. Bike destroyed so had to call it. Very unfortunate this year with horrible luck but still none the less try to enjoy it still and take the positives out of all the negatives I dealt with. So how did everyone else do at regionals/ or feel about them?? BTW this is the destruction of the bike

Attachments

• IMG_0718.jpeg
    IMG_0718.jpeg
    324.4 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_0719.jpeg
    IMG_0719.jpeg
    259.8 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0720.jpeg
    IMG_0720.jpeg
    241.2 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0721.jpeg
    IMG_0721.jpeg
    280.8 KB · Views: 120
I’ve heard that the tracks are brutal. A buddy ran Budds creek this past weekend. Said it was the roughest track he’s ever ridden.

F6FE74C6-D33C-4219-B0D8-BA0B6D06C541.jpeg

Red Bud had 770 racers

Practice on Friday 770 folks x 5 laps x two sessions = 7,700 times a bike flew over the leap on Friday alone.

Racing:
Practice, Three moto's, 16 LCQ's, & a site lap on Sunday = Well over 16,000 times the track felt knobs rip at it !!!

It's amazing that it's not MORE torn up!

You run the MX14 at Millville?

Heading up there for Vetfest next week.
Yes I did. I ran the Mx14 at red bud and Millville and you can get away with a 33 at Millville. But at red bud you need a mx14 and I personally like the Mx14 at Millville too. Even in the harder sections coming down the one hill and like two corners it didn’t feel bad. That tire is so good.

I’ve heard that the tracks are brutal. A buddy ran Budds creek this past weekend. Said it was the roughest track he’s ever ridden.

View attachment 78825
Whole point that regional tracks are insanely rough. Red bud was insane. Spring creek got really rough too but it was a good rough. The difference between spring creek and red bud is spring creek doesn’t dig so deep and over water so the ruts actually form very good and the track even though it’s rough has very good lines

So who all went to regionals this year?? I went to redbud and spring creek. Red bud was full of bad luck and it’s bike problems that felt endless and never getting a single good Moto in besides the very first Moto of the weekend. So it was a wash and didn’t gel with the track. Then went to spring creek which is super cool definitely would go back and felt actually really good on the track. Once again second Moto of the weekend kid came from right hand side of the jump in which I jumped on the left hand side to make a pass and came over while I was in air which led to me landing and locking bars and tumbling. Bike destroyed so had to call it. Very unfortunate this year with horrible luck but still none the less try to enjoy it still and take the positives out of all the negatives I dealt with. So how did everyone else do at regionals/ or feel about them?? BTW this is the destruction of the bike
wow.. that sucks man.. hope you are ok.. cant believe what your bike looks like...

Yes I did. I ran the Mx14 at red bud and Millville and you can get away with a 33 at Millville. But at red bud you need a mx14 and I personally like the Mx14 at Millville too. Even in the harder sections coming down the one hill and like two corners it didn’t feel bad. That tire is so good.

got fresh 53s on my bike for the national weekend. now that i think about it i think thats all ive ever ran at red bud lol. wonder what the track feels like with the right tire.

got fresh 53s on my bike for the national weekend. now that i think about it i think thats all ive ever ran at red bud lol. wonder what the track feels like with the right tire.
World of a difference. I went from a Mx33 and had a brand new one with me and decided to buy the mx14 kinda questioning it. The tire digs and red bud is so endless and deep anymore that’s exactly what I needed. My 450 almost felt to fast. Cause i had all the traction possible it was the best $130 I spent in racing all this year

IMG_6204.jpeg
That’s how my regionals went. Good & bad. Fortunate. Both tracks were rough & fun. As for the tire choices above. Red Bud you can do either. I don’t like the 12 or 14 at all except Baja or similar. Maybe first moto at LL. Red Bud does get to a hard base later in the day. Millville i ran the 34. I’ll run the 34 everywhere. The knobs are taller than the 33, and it digs like the 14 (to me anyways). Millville is a hard base except 3 sections, everyone says it’s different everytime depending how they decide to prep.

View attachment 78827That’s how my regionals went. Good & bad. Fortunate. Both tracks were rough & fun. As for the tire choices above. Red Bud you can do either. I don’t like the 12 or 14 at all except Baja or similar. Maybe first moto at LL. Red Bud does get to a hard base later in the day. Millville i ran the 34. I’ll run the 34 everywhere. The knobs are taller than the 33, and it digs like the 14 (to me anyways). Millville is a hard base except 3 sections, everyone says it’s different everytime depending how they decide to prep.
I thought Millville was 1000x better prepped than red bud. The red bud prep of being insanely deep and it just forming horrible lines suck. Where as Millville it was still ripped but not insanely deep or muddy and it formed the best lines and good ruts that weren’t s**t

View attachment 78827That’s how my regionals went. Good & bad. Fortunate. Both tracks were rough & fun. As for the tire choices above. Red Bud you can do either. I don’t like the 12 or 14 at all except Baja or similar. Maybe first moto at LL. Red Bud does get to a hard base later in the day. Millville i ran the 34. I’ll run the 34 everywhere. The knobs are taller than the 33, and it digs like the 14 (to me anyways). Millville is a hard base except 3 sections, everyone says it’s different everytime depending how they decide to prep.
You're an animal man. Wouldn't have known there were physical issues if you didn't post. Results looked good and I was glad to see the +30 result last weekend.

Good to hear about the 34 too. I very much dislike sand tires but I did just hear the 14 was drastically better than the last sand tire i tried which was an 11.

22, stop dickin with Lorettas stuff and go get pro am points coming in.

Unfortunately our regionals ended with our first one at Baja. No secret that track is going to be rough. Had one really bad crash that he walked away from but the bike didn’t fare so well. The next crash he didn’t fare so well so we are going to be healing up for a while.

Attachments

• IMG_0745.png
    IMG_0745.png
    546.7 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0744.jpeg
    IMG_0744.jpeg
    163.9 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0742.jpeg
    IMG_0742.jpeg
    353.6 KB · Views: 86
Back