KEN ROCZEN TO RACE HIGH POINT NATIONAL

High Point!!!!! One heck of a race!!! The Deegan RJ pass happened right in front of us. We were in that back section of the track which was one of the best areas to watch passes.

I’ve never seen so many people at a National until this weekend. I’ve been to quite a few and it was packed wall to wall people. Not sure if it was Kenny racing or what but it was packed.

Ohio guys did well out there but I will tell you that rain they got made the track challenging. We got there just before the 250 and 450 LCQ. It looked like a nightmare.

Overall it was a great weekend with some chaos mixed in!

Awesome ride by Mitchy to get 20th overall. Great job.

I do have a question though on national scoring. How does mitch get 20th with a 24/20 and the guy behind him gets 21st with a 20/22?

Jerry Robin get a 19th with a DNF and 17th?

Someone clue me in on this?

There points system is gay!! They don’t combine moto scores to get an overall position. Each moto pays a certain amount of points per position. After both motos they combine the points not moto scores. I think it’s retarded but it’s the ama. What do you expect!!!

High Point!!!!! One heck of a race!!! The Deegan RJ pass happened right in front of us. We were in that back section of the track which was one of the best areas to watch passes.

I’ve never seen so many people at a National until this weekend. I’ve been to quite a few and it was packed wall to wall people. Not sure if it was Kenny racing or what but it was packed.

Ohio guys did well out there but I will tell you that rain they got made the track challenging. We got there just before the 250 and 450 LCQ. It looked like a nightmare.

They were all there to see Hailey Deegan!!!!! Duh!!!

Awesome ride by Mitchy to get 20th overall. Great job.

I do have a question though on national scoring. How does mitch get 20th with a 24/20 and the guy behind him gets 21st with a 20/22?

Jerry Robin get a 19th with a DNF and 17th?

Someone clue me in on this?
The nationals don't use traditional scoring, they combine points from each moto. It's why a 1-3 beats a 2-2. 24th and 22nd each pay 0 points. 20th pays 1 point. They each finished the day with 1 point and Mitch had the better 2nd moto, same with the DNF, it pays 0 points.

The nationals don't use traditional scoring, they combine points from each moto. It's why a 1-3 beats a 2-2. 24th and 22nd each pay 0 points. 20th pays 1 point. They each finished the day with 1 point and Mitch had the better 2nd moto, same with the DNF, it pays 0 points.
They should go back to traditional scoring for overall so fans can easily figure it out.

This thing of the factory teams changing rear wheels after the parade lap so they don't have a muddy tire at the start is BS!

With the poor payouts and the rising costs of racing, now would be an excellent time
to start a tire allocation program, similar to what they do in F1.
You get 1 set of 34's, 1 set of 14's, and 1 set of 53's per event.

Maybe even take it a step further and seal the engines. Do they really need
new clutches after every heat/moto?

The factory teams will still have an advantage, I know that. And I don't believe in
equality for all, but at least give the privateers a better opportunity to compete
and possibly reduce costs.

Last edited:
With the poor payouts and the rising costs of racing, now would be an excellent time

The factory teams will still have an advantage, I know that. And I don't believe in
equality for all, but at least give the privateers a better opportunity to compete
Just increase the payouts. MX has the lowest of all motor sports.

Didn’t know they have been changing tires after parade laps. MXGP has been doing that for a few years but didn’t know unless it was a mechanical issue in the US that your even aloud to change tires before motos

After this past weekend at High Point all I smelled was oil and clutches. The smell of race gas was replaced with that. So clutches would be a must for most.

After this past weekend at High Point all I smelled was oil and clutches. The smell of race gas was replaced with that. So clutches would be a must for most.
Talking about clutches reminds me of the Kawasaki SX deal where they said back in the day that they replaced Eli's clutch every time on the track vs. running Bowers' clutch all day due to riding styles.... ???

Mud definitely impacts that as well....

It's amazing how the guys coped in the rain! Well done!

Right, massive advantage currently at the factory level. To close that gap, restricting engine and tires would let the poor privateer bastards be more competitive. And If they sealed the engines it would force the factory manufacturers to R&D an engine to make it the entire weekend.

Back