Trash can build.

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
So my pops' retirement gig is running those large private dumpsters around.
Well he calls me yesterday and says hey you need to come up to the consolidation yard. That I needed to bring my truck and take my bed cover off... I like yum why??
He goes well I just pulled a dirt bike out of a dumpster. I'm thinking I don't need some Chinese pit bike project, when he goes I think it an old kawasaki 125. Come check it out and run the Vin to see if it's stolen or if some one just got tired of it being in the way in the garage.
So I got off work picked the boy up and off to meet up with papaw. Pull up and here sits a 1993 kawasaki kx 125.
Dad comes out of the excavator and says well its not seized up, but didn't feel like much compression, and I broke the handle bars getting it out of the dumpster.
I checked for a Vin, all the numbers are there, run it and it nothing comes back on it. So up in the truck it goes.
Boy and I get it home and start washing and tearing it apart. Plastics were painted a lighter shade of green so it goes flying everywhere. It has a little compression, plug actually looked good, but I put a new one in it. Air filter crumbles when I touch it. Carb looked good when I cleaned it. There's a pro circuit header on it with a few small dents, frame has been painted a grey color.
Tonight I'm going to put some fuel in it and see if she has enough compression to fire.

Plan is to slowly rebuild it as money allows and let Logan try it in some vintage races, and use as a play bike for me.

IMG_20230622_143222.jpg
IMG_20230622_143229.jpg
20230622_163717.jpg
20230622_210720.jpg
20230622_210727.jpg

Back