WSX round 1

John250

PR Founding Father
Look at the names in the 250 and 450 classes. Think how much better the 250 and 450 American Motocross series would be with these guys on the track? There are a lot of great riders in here that would all make the fast 40.

MX Sports should pay out a decent pay out and then perhaps the best riders in the country would stay here and ride outdoors.

Look at the names in the 250 and 450 classes. Think how much better the 250 and 450 American Motocross series would be with these guys on the track? There are a lot of great riders in here that would all make the fast 40.

MX Sports should pay out a decent pay out and then perhaps the best riders in the country would stay here and ride outdoors.
I think a lot of those riders are fed up with mxsports. I think the factory guys probably are too but have to do what there contract/factory/boss says. Until there’s a riders union the factories run the show. You sign your name on their dotted line and they own you. One of the reasons roczen wanted out at Honda, also goes back to the days of pastrana!! He wanted to do what he wanted to do and Suzuki kept trying to tell him no. Decades later he has built an empire! Great for Travis!

Mxsports doesn’t care. They’ve got guys like Masterpool who are talented privateers running in the top 5. That will not only drive people to watch and go to the races, but it gives every other privateer hope. I feel like those are the guys who aren’t getting huge contracts so the little bit that mxsports pays is enough for them to pour their heart and soul into racing. Keeps the wages down for mxsports and keeps new talent coming in. Not saying I agree or disagree but why would they change anything?

Employers do it all the time. Hire the kid right out of college and when they get a better offer, let them leave. Now get the next kid getting ready to graduate and offer them $5k less than what we paid the last kid. Sucks but it’s true.

There are alot of guys on those results sheets that would for sure would keep many of those guys off the 40 man gate.

Look at friese. He skipped ama supercross and just ran wsx.

Mxsports….They got you from age 3 to 60. The gettins good.

And this world supercross looks like a damn arena cross at best. The stands are empty.

Mxsports….They got you from age 3 to 60. The gettins good.

And this world supercross looks like a damn arena cross at best. The stands are empty.
Empty or not they are paying the riders. Looked like there were people in the stands though. But looking at the list of good riders not racing the ama nationals, and Vince even skipping SX, you know where the money is at.

Last edited:
I think a lot of those riders are fed up with mxsports. I think the factory guys probably are too but have to do what there contract/factory/boss says. Until there’s a riders union the factories run the show. You sign your name on their dotted line and they own you. One of the reasons roczen wanted out at Honda, also goes back to the days of pastrana!! He wanted to do what he wanted to do and Suzuki kept trying to tell him no. Decades later he has built an empire! Great for Travis!
A riders' union? Hmm, interesting idea. Why is it not done until now?

WSX reminds me so much of LIV golf. The way no fans are there but the pool of money is huge. Need Mxsports to be friends with some Saudi oil families. Lol

How does wsx pay riders when stands are empty? Better question is how is it sustainable.?

They don’t profit share like baseball.

How does wsx pay riders when stands are empty? Better question is how is it sustainable.?

They don’t profit share like baseball.
TV. Sponsorship packages. Attendance. All the above. There is a lot of money in America that the riders never see that Feld calls profit.

Hey John Did you know the department of defense originally named the gulf war Operation Iraqi Liberation?

They quickly changed that once they wrote out the acronym on the OPORD. Gulf war in support of OIL.

It looks as packed as an Arenacross. Hell I think feld ran the arenacross road to sx series just to write off losses.

The first round was a joke. Empty stands and no real talent other than Roczen. And he is on his way out, that's why he went SX only and to WSX. Guaranteed money just to show up.

All 20 of these guys would replace 20 gate fillers at the nationals. Many of these would be in the top 20 getting points.

Screenshot_20230712_083325_Chrome.jpg

Back