King of the Cliff

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
The rescheduled-rescheduled King of the Cliff event is slated for August 5-6, gates open Friday at 4pm, it will be Battle format, open practice 8-2 Saturday, atvs and pw50s race Saturday afternoon, bikes on Sunday. Full national layout still engaged! Custom crowns for all champions, podium interviews with the king's throne. Pre- registration will be open till next Thursday. Get signed up today!

https://secure.tracksideprereg.com/Briarcliff/?event=8

2023 BC KOC.jpg

Wait, when was this race moved to this weekend? This is the first time I’m seeing this.

We started watering for Saturday just in case anyone was concerned about how dry it’s been……yeah it’s gonna be one of those weekends.

IMG_2046.jpeg

IMG_2045.jpeg

IMG_2044.jpeg

Day 1 complete. Track was super good today, it should be off the charts tomorrow. Small crowd, probably done by 1-2pm tomorrow, it’s not too late, get loaded in the wee hours of the morning, practice at 8am!!

Thanks to everyone that made it out over the weekend! The weather was great for 95% of the race weekend. Right up till the very end. Then it turned to monsoonvile USA. For the record I think we've arrived at 2 possible reasons for all the rain at every Briarcliff race for the last 10 years. First theory > Its Matt Winland. My forecast didn't show significant rain till 4pm Sunday, then it changed once Matt arrived home Sunday morning, it pushed it forward to 12-1pm, and 0.25". Matt makes the decision to come watch the races. Precisely when he set foot on the property during the start of moto 11 in the second set, the skies opened up. Roughly 1.5 inches of rain fell in 20 minutes. Theory 2, and probably the more plausible theory, Its Matt being within a 1 mile radius of Tony Mock's cyclone toyhauler at our events. Attached is Matt near said toyhauler just after the deluge and flash flooding occurred.

Matt Winland.jpg

Last edited:
Lol! I just wanted you all to feel the wrath we did at the ranch! I bottled it up and brought it home! I still think it’s the cyclone! Blame it on Mock!

Back