Old national track coming back!

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
Broome Tiago in New York is rebuilding. Never been only watched on old tapes. But who knows could it come back to what it once was. Don’t know anything about it but they are rebuilding it as we speak! Having open practices and stuff it seems.

What could possibly be keeping Ohio from having a national track to hold an pro event, AMA based here but no promoters?

I'm guessing 75-80 acres of just parking. I wonder how Southwick does it?? Does anyone know if Budds Creeks rents any of the drag strip for parking?

I'm guessing 75-80 acres of just parking. I wonder how Southwick does it?? Does anyone know if Budds Creeks rents any of the drag strip for parking?
Pretty sure they are grandfathered in. Plus the city helps both. I know 3 people in the south that have nice facilities and killer tracks, Mxsports turned all 3 down because of parking.

Budds Creek has around 55 total acres (unless they use the drag strip), I tend to think they have to be on the tight side for parking, given that.

Tommy Hurd isn't having another national at Broome Tioga. I haven't spoke to him for 6 months but he's not doing that. Even though he's married into the Boyseen clan long ago, they have no power any longer. Actually, he wants to start up something like the old NorthEast Classic again. It rivaled the NESC back in the 90's. About 7 districts involved( remember those?). Thank Tommy for getting the Unadilla Pro track to open to the public for AM racing........

Budds Creek's family owns the strip. John sold Budds to his son. John's mom, i believe, still owns the strip.......

Southwick uses the city park to park cares for the national.......

Harold Glissen from NJ is the guy with one arm at Broome. He even held a national pro card for a bit. Haven't seen Harold in 10 years. He stopped doing moto and does landscaping in Jersey with a company he owns........

Last edited:
I’d say if you could rent the farm fields around bcliff you could have a national there. But honestly about it. No other tracks really have any area around them that have any parking.

I’d say if you could rent the farm fields around bcliff you could have a national there. But honestly about it. No other tracks really have any area around them that have any parking.
I'd be lying if I didn't look at how much parking I could get total, including buying land adjacent to us (27 acres was once on our farm). I think I could max out at 70-75 acres of good parking, but 80-85 acres of total parking. If warranted we could look at another 40 acres across the street, and could do that kind of like Unadilla does. We would likely lease the 40 acres for parking. I think that we have the potential for parking, but there's a ton of other infrastructure needed as I see it. It would be a super massive investment, an investment I don't think would payoff.

I'd be lying if I didn't look at how much parking I could get total, including buying land adjacent to us (27 acres was once on our farm). I think I could max out at 70-75 acres of good parking, but 80-85 acres of total parking. If warranted we could look at another 40 acres across the street, and could do that kind of like Unadilla does. We would likely lease the 40 acres for parking. I think that we have the potential for parking, but there's a ton of other infrastructure needed as I see it. It would be a super massive investment, an investment I don't think would payoff.
Definitely the only place in Ohio that has the area and places around it to do. Everywhere else has woods and very uneven ground

1000008993.png

If muddy creek couldn’t make it work, I’d say I’m skeptical.
I thought muddy creek quit having a national because in their words they said they weren’t making enough money? Along with WW. Place is insane great track along with tons of parking and they put a ton of work to have the place for nationals and even MXGP and they quit too. We’re neither one making enough profit???

I thought muddy creek quit having a national because in their words they said they weren’t making enough money? Along with WW. Place is insane great track along with tons of parking and they put a ton of work to have the place for nationals and even MXGP and they quit too. We’re neither one making enough profit???
This is why I'm skeptical on it, but I think both had poor spectator turnouts. Ohio would draw more, way more. Handling the crowd with space and infrastructure is probably key.

is Kenworthy's still around or did it turn into a housing development? seems like that place would be centrally located for a lot of areas..

Back