Old national track coming back!

It's still a corn or bean field out front. The track area is all grown over. It's a major flood plain and won't be built on.
ya.. i can remember one year racing there and it rained over night and the parking area had about 6 inches of water in it..

This is why I'm skeptical on it, but I think both had poor spectator turnouts. Ohio would draw more, way more. Handling the crowd with space and infrastructure is probably key.
I can see if you were to push and have a national it would be a big one. Very good location. Every Ohio racer would come watch if not race also. Ironman gets a crazy number of entries from just the amateurs and huge crowd. I think with your location you could definitely have one and it be big. Just think of it like it’s just the ATV national on steroids

Believe it or not I’ve been to a few pro nationals. The biggest thing that l we can’t change and I know it’s a thing are hotels, and whether there are enough in close proximity. It’s things like that can kill your chances. With all that said, it’s fun to think about, but it’s not a real serious thought right now. It’s like buying Powerball tickets and thinking about what you would do. I don’t think it will happen though

I don't think JO is on MX Sports Christmas card list to get a National anytime soon. He probably should concentrate on the ATV national and a regional.

Just to pass this along. The people who were going to buy Broome Tioga and do all those "big" plans, have backed out of the deal. They claim "health "reasons. I know the real story, but I'm not at liberty to say...yet.

As for now all races and practicing is cancelled for the remainder of the year!

I believe Broome-Tioga will be gone soon. Time will tell as Tom has had enough of it I am hearing.

The whole infrastructure of grass roots District racing is in decline. Why would someone buy an ongoing facility? I give you promoters credit. It's a tough business. The AMA, the large infrastructure of MX Sports ( Loretta Lynn's structure), insurance and even the manufactures are to blame for the recent decline in local racing in the past decade.

To you local promoters: God bless you for keeping the dream alive. I've been going to MX races since 1971, back when Semics was just a local racing in Central PA. I'm getting old. I might just check out like most all the guys over 60 have. I may just continue to ride only on my own property.............

Last edited:
I agree that MX Sports, the chase of qualifiers and regionals for Loretta Lynn's. has hurt local racing Honestly, just do away with the qualifiers, regionals, etc. Make Loretta's a week long like the Mini O's, or Ponca City (of old). Everyone shows up and you qualify for motos two and three. This would keep people from going all over the country seeking that ticket, and hopefully put them back on local tracks.

This will never happen, MX sports would have to invest or move the race to a facility that can actually handle the number of riders that would show up. wishful thinking.

While we are at it, have MX Sports remove pros from the Vet classes. Remember it is a "Amateur" national.

Last edited:
I agree that MX Sports, the chase of qualifiers and regionals have hurt Loretta Lynns. Honestly, just do away with the qualifiers, regionals, etc. Make Loretta's a week long like the Mini O's, or Ponca City (of old). Everyone shows up and you qualify for motos two and three. This would keep people from going all over the country seeking that ticket, and hopefully put them back on local tracks.

This will never happen, MX sports would have to invest or move the race to a facility that can actually handle the number of riders that would show up. wishful thinking.

While we are at it, have MX Sports remove pros from the Vet classes. Remember it is a "Amateur" national.
Think you meant to say the regional and area qualifiers have hurt local district racing.

I think lorettas is doing just fine.........

Back