Dirt bikes

hershey

PR Elite
I thank God every day for dirt bikes! Always so much negative stuff on here compared to positive so I thought I'd add a good post.

I've met the greatest friends through dirt bikes and it's the thing that keeps me motivated to stay healthy.

Plus I get to piss people off on here!

Let's sound off on why we love them!

Dirt bikes have been in my entire life. Still riding motorcycles today at 54, just more street than dirt. Met some great people along the way, and learned a lot. Spent a lot too, but worth every dollar, I never financed racing though. It was always a hobby.

Happy that I did not burn Matthew out before he turned 14 or 15. So many people start at 4 like Matthew, but they ride 3 days a week, race every weekend and by the time the teenage years roll around they are burnt out. I think about high school Matthew realized that racing was all him and the bike. No coach pulling him from a game or not starting him, no team mates. He controlled his own results and he liked that. It makes me happy that I have a son that loves motorcycles as much as me and his grandpa and his great grandpa. Hopefully Matthew keeps bikes in his garage forever like I have.

It's cool to see so many guys I raced with 30 years ago that are at the track now with their sons.

Dirt Bike life.

Fell in love with the exhilaration of riding two wheels as a child, and still love the thrill today.

At our son's wedding back in September, I was asked by the brides father "you don't smoke, do you ever drink (alcohol)?"
I had to think for a moment, and then replied, "I'll drink on occasion, but rarely anymore. Always trying to get in shape, or conditioning for an upcoming race". I then realized that is not a common answer or reply from a middle aged man.

Can't imagine life without motorcycles, particularly dirt bikes.
And being an old man that races, is like a badge of honor.

Last edited:
Since selling my bike a few years ago, I really miss my dirt friends. That's a big reason that I still volunteer at COCR. But I will admit, that I've gained a lot of street friends in the last several years, so I can't complain.
My wife see's me browsing dirt bike classified ads all of the time. That damn '22 FC450 on here is driving me nuts!

Last edited:
Back