2024 buckeye series

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
Looks like buckeye series is going to two different series within the series. Spring series might be hard to hit with all the qualifiers and regionals going on. Also got the classic which is only a 3 day event this year. Kinda cool doing a few triple crown races don’t know the details if those are 2 or 3 Moto format but something new and different ready for 2024 to start!
IMG_1675.jpeg

2 smaller series is smart to hard to make 10-12 races like he thinking outside of box
True I agree I’d almost rather have a buckeye series and instead of spring do a fall series instead. Feel like spring is more unpredictable weather wise along with people traveling all over racing qualifiers. I raced quite a few buckeye series races this year and I still didn’t have enough races which I wasn’t trying to anyways. Just funny how the series works I rode 4 or 5 races and still won both classes. Then you wonder why so many bitch if they can’t make one single round and some want you to race all of them to even be in the question with points

They put participation requirements on there to get you to the events. That's the promoters revenue. In the old days, the D11 class champions were seldom the fastest guys, but the guys that attended the most races. I always felt that two races a month was enough for the "series" races, and any others in between would just be non points races.

True I agree I’d almost rather have a buckeye series and instead of spring do a fall series instead. Feel like spring is more unpredictable weather wise along with people traveling all over racing qualifiers. I raced quite a few buckeye series races this year and I still didn’t have enough races which I wasn’t trying to anyways. Just funny how the series works I rode 4 or 5 races and still won both classes. Then you wonder why so many bitch if they can’t make one single round and some want you to race all of them to even be in the question with points
But only a small few worry about doing Loretta’s so it’s good to have spring races for the people that race mainly locally I like it so I can go to other tracks during the year but also support a series

Way back when, COCR used to have the opening Spring Series race each year at the end of March, beginning of April. I remember more than a few times that there was snow on the ground.
I have photos from 2014, when they had their last spring race. It was 50 for Saturdays practice, and snowed over night and the ground froze, and they went out and ripped it, and everything thawed and it was the nastiest mud race I’d ever been in

Attachments

• IMG_0852.jpeg
    IMG_0852.jpeg
    366.1 KB · Views: 56
Back