Im building a public mx track in ohio

After what happened out there last year, during the buckeye series race, it’s no surprise he wants to sell, if the hearsay is true.. Grears would be a great track to take over and it’s about as centrally located as one could get.
Not sure what happened with buckeye, but merp seemed to go good, but i see they aren't going there this year.
I agree With the location. If prep could improve it can be a top track.

After what happened out there last year, during the buckeye series race, it’s no surprise he wants to sell, if the hearsay is true..
Did I miss something about the Grear's Buckeye Series race? I was there on Sunday but don't recalling hearing any issues.

After what happened out there last year, during the buckeye series race, it’s no surprise he wants to sell, if the hearsay is true.. Grears would be a great track to take over and it’s about as centrally located as one could get.
What issues?

Agree. Anywhere near st. Clairesville, barnesville, Cambridge, Marietta area would be a good area. Not too far from the northern guys and about an hour to hour and a half from central Ohio. Plus lots of great elevation in that region of the state as well.
Been a few years but I recall there was MX activity down around Marietta area?
Quick internet search still shows Willow Creek MX and Reno Raceway.

Last edited:
Some kid wrecked out there on a jump, that had a gnarly kicker in it, and i guess people had been complaining all day about the kicker, well the kid broke his leg so bad he had to have it amputated.
Not sure if it was the same kid or not, but I do remember getting held up staging for the gate and race delay while the medic-squad was hauling a kid off on Sunday.
Hate hearing that.

The kid losing his leg was 1000% Dave Grears fault.
The track conditions that weekend were baffling. Somehow he figured out a way to take 5” of rain and turn it into dust halfway into the first motos. For whatever reason at intermission they decided to halfass water a blue groove track without tilling. The section the kid wrecked in the water truck driver decided it needed way more water than anywhere else. I think that kids Moto was 3rd or 4th. The A riders were the first Moto and tiptoed thru there because it was so slick. A handful of riders wreck in that section before that kid’s Moto. The track could’ve simple tilled up that section and things could’ve been safer for all.

It’s sad because with the right track owner that place would be phenomenal.

Just imagine if Jeremy, Plessinger or Jimmy owned / ran that place.

Attachments

• IMG_4504.jpeg
    IMG_4504.jpeg
    185.1 KB · Views: 43
One of few tracks I actually haven’t been to is grears. Was going to go there I think either that race or another but glad I didn’t. All I’ve heard is negative about it. But heard it’s good for practice which makes no sense

The kid losing his leg was 1000% Dave Grears fault.
The track conditions that weekend were baffling. Somehow he figured out a way to take 5” of rain and turn it into dust halfway into the first motos. For whatever reason at intermission they decided to halfass water a blue groove track without tilling. The section the kid wrecked in the water truck driver decided it needed way more water than anywhere else. I think that kids Moto was 3rd or 4th. The A riders were the first Moto and tiptoed thru there because it was so slick. A handful of riders wreck in that section before that kid’s Moto. The track could’ve simple tilled up that section and things could’ve been safer for all.

It’s sad because with the right track owner that place would be phenomenal.

Just imagine if Jeremy, Plessinger or Jimmy owned / ran that place.
Was the kid hit by other rider's?
Talking to my wife about this, and she was thinking that this was directly beyond the finish line jump? If so, did the flagger see him go down?

Was the kid hit by other rider's?
Talking to my wife about this, and she was thinking that this was directly beyond the finish line jump? If so, did the flagger see him go down?
It was the section you turn into after the start.
I think he wrecked alone.

It was the section you turn into after the start.
I think he wrecked alone.
Ok, her and I went back and forth about it, but for some reason I recall it was a first turn crash after start.

Other than that particular kiddies class wreck, I do remember a couple rider's attempting to "double" the first little jump there, coming up short casing it hard and biting it. It's a split section, stay to the left to make a double of it, or to the right for just a single jump. Immediately followed by the sort-of "table to dropped down corner".

Looking at the Google maps pic, the track has been changed from the finish line to this 1st turn area since then. Interesting???

Grears-2.JPG

Last edited:
Back