Detroit SX questions…

hindsy

PR Addict
Hey guys. My buddy and I are coming up to the Detroit SX and I am wondering about parking. What’s the best plan for parking and are we gonna be hoofing it a long way?
What’s the time for how the program goes? Appreciate any help y’all send me.

Multiple parking decks across from comerica park. 5 minute walk to ford field. Day race this year so I think the stadium will open around 10am. Will be nice not getting home at 2am this year

Parking deck right across the street is perfect. Other option is take your parents with a handicap parking tag and park in the lot right next to the building like i did. Lol

Watch the open air parking lots. Lots of scammers. They will say 40 to park but then tell you you that it’s 70 because you have a truck. Then you’re screwed because you can’t get out it’s parked so tight. Or they tell you to “leave your keys”. A few blocks away is a multi story parking garage. I think it was 20-25 to park there and it’s safe. Honestly most areas right around there are safe. Plus there are tons of people everywhere. Quick jump to the highway and your home to Cleveland in 2hrs

Park at the d parking garage. Right across from the stadium. Easy to get back on 75. Hit up sweet water tavern best food in the d.

Thanks guys!
Parking deck right across the street is perfect. Other option is take your parents with a handicap parking tag and park in the lot right next to the building like i did. Lol
Too much... I think were getting pretty close to having my own one of those... lol

Looks like my son and i will be going tmrw, we just won 2 tickets from cade clason and his team for tmrw! Stoked to take my boy to his first sx race.
Congrats my girlfriend won 4 tickets to Indy a few years ago during Covid from Rocky Mountain atv fantasy that was sick bottom row seats

This should be interesting tonight. 450s are going first for heats and Lcqs but for the mains the 250s still go first. Kinda goofy wonder why they even bothered. I get messing with it for qualifying but not so much for the night show

Saw 250lcq guys come off the track and go right to the starting line for the main. Should be fun lol

Maybe the most enjoyable race format/time ever. Left the house about 10:15. Ate at BW3 at noon. Rolled into the parking garage at 1:30. (Only $10.00) to park. Watched the races and was home eating a bowl of cereal by 8:30pm. So amazing. Racing was good too. Tomac faded real bad. Triumph (KTM) had a good showing till Evan Ferry used his head to stop from hitting a wall. Their gear looked sweet too. I love Jeremy Martin but he’s done. Stew is so fun to watch but he’s on the ground all the time. Anderson is fast but Jett is still faster and Sexton is just gonna take the normal Dungey KTM approach and get seconds. Feel bad for Deegan. He wasn’t SX ready but had to race. And hyped for Daxton Bennick getting 3rd.

Oh and I saw Crute. A good night for sure.

Maybe the most enjoyable race format/time ever. Left the house about 10:15. Ate at BW3 at noon. Rolled into the parking garage at 1:30. (Only $10.00) to park. Watched the races and was home eating a bowl of cereal by 8:30pm. So amazing. Racing was good too. Tomac faded real bad. Triumph (KTM) had a good showing till Evan Ferry used his head to stop from hitting a wall. Their gear looked sweet too. I love Jeremy Martin but he’s done. Stew is so fun to watch but he’s on the ground all the time. Anderson is fast but Jett is still faster and Sexton is just gonna take the normal Dungey KTM approach and get seconds. Feel bad for Deegan. He wasn’t SX ready but had to race. And hyped for Daxton Bennick getting 3rd.

Oh and I saw Crute. A good night for sure.
Not sure what you were watching! Maybe the monster girls!!! Races were boring. Best part was seeing deegan get taken out then watching him flip the bird to whoever, maybe some awesome fans. Track was super small and basic!!! Martin should have retired yrs ago. Hopefully he’s ok. Tomac should have walked away after last yr. Makes no sense to me coming east for 1 race after multiple west coast races then going back west! Happy for Forkner. Hopefully it’s his yr. Always been fast just always at the wrong place at the wrong time. Triumph is just another dirtbike. Nothing groundbreaking. I think the Ktm jr challenge was the most exciting race!!!!

Back