2024 SX Thread

An ugly demonstration of an out of control release of the potential energy in a fully compressed SX suspension. Hope he's able to comes back.
i believe he broke 3 vertebra in his back... he will be out for some time.

He broke L3 and L4 but didn’t have surgery so that’s a good sign most likely not as bad as a fracture. I broke L4-L5 but had surgery and was cleared to ride at 5 months so I would assume that’s about how long it’ll be for him. Thought it was very interesting that one of his contacts fell out mid race. That little bit of blurry vision might of caused this. Not making any excuses for him but definitely could alter his judgement

In my experience, I've had less recovery time with surgery as opposed to letting it heal naturally.

My wife turned off our Peacock account. Not sure what she was thinking. Anyone know where I can pickup the replay?

I can’t believe he wears contact lenses. I used to wear them in the late 90s and one popped out quite often. Very hard to ride that way. So I had laser surgery to correct them. Can’t believe he hast had laser surgery considering his profession

Surgery cannot correct a stigmatism, just saying. That's why i wear contacts under my goggles, except when it is really dusty.

Surgery cannot correct a stigmatism, just saying. That's why i wear contacts under my goggles, except when it is really dusty.
My brother has stigmatism and had laser surgery when I did. His eyes are just fine. It’s been 23 yrs since we had it done. He just got his touched up and now I need mine.

i believe he broke 3 vertebra in his back... he will be out for some time.
He compressed them. In 2021 i compressed my t6,10,11 and 2 weeks later i was at maven racing the qualifier. Hurt like hell, every time i hit a huge breaking bump or over shot a jump, or landed low on the landing my breath would get taken away. Best thing to do is just let them heal, i still have some pain from time to time from not letting them just heal.

Calling it now for Daytona. Tomac for the win and All-time win lead of any series that has races at the speedway at 8 wins. Webb and Plessinger in 2nd and 3rd.

My brother has stigmatism and had laser surgery when I did. His eyes are just fine. It’s been 23 yrs since we had it done. He just got his touched up and now I need mine.
Thanks for that. My doctor has been lying to me for years! Maybe because of the risk involved? I'll look into it.

Daytona should be a fun one to watch. Hoping for no r__n!

Deegan didn't even say jack about forkner.
That stood out to me and his comment about fight to the death when who knows how badly Forkner might have been hurt.

And throwing his bike away at the finish line. Don't know how many people might have been in its path.

I just see him as entitlement and poor sportsmanship.

Contrast to Jett, like him or not, he is humble, fun, and always credits his competitors.

That stood out to me and his comment about fight to the death when who knows how badly Forkner might have been hurt.

And throwing his bike away at the finish line. Don't know how many people might have been in its path.

I just see him as entitlement and poor sportsmanship.

Contrast to Jett, like him or not, he is humble, fun, and always credits his competitors.

Couldn’t agree more

Deegan didn't even say jack about forkner.
"Welcome to the Danger Zone"

Who thinks that tag line was off the cuff or a marketing guy said say this when you win a race and we will sell lots of T Shirts the following week.

Thanks for that. My doctor has been lying to me for years! Maybe because of the risk involved? I'll look into it.
Why do people believe that medical procedures are one size fits all? If you are not a good candidate, the result can be blindness.

What a nice young racer, so respectful and complimentary?

"Obviously these days it's not exactly like the same beast he used to be, but it's still Eli Tomac, so it was cool to follow him and just learn off him," Lawrence said.

He'll even go out of his way to call over and grab an elder competitor's helmet as he tries to pulls away, just to ensure that Jett can share his insight.

The Lawrence brothers are being highly marketed and apparently it's working.

maxresdefault-1.jpg

Daytona is already very strict with everything on the property. This week was a bit frustrating for me, because gates that have always been open for years were closed, the storms Sunday morning kept things from even opening, etc.

But now you have fans that watch from the front stretch open the fences and rush the track. There were tons of bikes still on the track finishing the race, it was nuts. AP had like 3 straights to go and was riding through people. Daytona will now have two barracades, 8 foot chain link fencing, or no fans on the front stretch next year. I guarantee you they will not take lightly to this and make changes for 2025.

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/gVdx6WSEwLGmigZd/?mibextid=0VwfS7

Back