Local Track Closes and Forces Schedule Change

Let's be 100% honest. Having the Buckeye Series, viva, OMA, D12 all in one state is a joke. Just my opinion and I've only been around Ohio moto 54 years of my life (yeah my dad has been a DMC and D11 member since 1967, before I was born) Ohio needs two santioning bodies. When I was a kid it was D11 and D12. Split the state in half and have the Buckeye Series to the south the OMA to the north. Have the track owners in each district meet and figure out a system. Because one strong series or association is only good business for their track and helps them grow their turn out. Just like Matthew said, he probably passed on some races just to keep from buying yet one more card. But he is also one of the very few that can say he races in most parts of the state. Buckeye, D12, OMA, etc. But at the end of the day, the track owners, and riders both benefit the most from consolidation to two series.
Problem.....too many people think they should be in charge. Like them or not, take personality out of the equation, the two guys that should be in charge, Scott Plessinger in the south, and Jeremy Osborne in the north. Both have different strengths and weaknesses, but both have proven time and time again they know what they are doing.

Just my two cents.

Last edited:
Back