Worst rule change ever for amateur racing

hershey

PR Elite
1000013856.jpg

Now that is a rule I thought they would never change. I can see this going bad very fast. Especially in the youth and less experienced classes. Also in the advanced classes they will continue full speed they won’t care either.

Of all places though Daytona has always been strict with no jumping on yellow. Just suprised to see it changed

So proceed with "caution" but you can jump and pass? So who's opinion if they used caution? Cotter's? Comb's? The riders father or the rider himself? Another words when you see that yellow flag, just keep hammering because we are racing boys.
I am with Hershey, this could go bad with an unfortunate situation. I error on the side of caution with some of the idiots I've seen on the track over the years.

cau·tion
/ˈkôSH(ə)n,ˈkäSH(ə)n/

noun

1. 1.
    care taken to avoid danger or mistakes.
    "anyone receiving a suspect package should exercise extreme caution"
verb

1. say something as a warning.
    "the secretary cautioned that economic uncertainties remained"
Used in a sentence at Daytona SX:
"I took caution, but was already in the air 4th gear tapped. I couldn't slow down..."

I've seen plenty of people get hurt by people jumping on yellow. 2 years ago at Mini Os was the worst I've ever seen. I can't believe they would allow this, stupid.

I've seen plenty of people get hurt by people jumping on yellow. 2 years ago at Mini Os was the worst I've ever seen. I can't believe they would allow this, stupid.
Honestly, I was trying in my mind to figure what any reasoning behind this would be? Too many parents bitching at the event that such and such passed under yellow? Too hard to police? There is no logic in it.

Honestly, I was trying in my mind to figure what any reasoning behind this would be? Too many parents bitching at the event that such and such passed under yellow? Too hard to police? There is no logic in it.
Too hard to police would be my guess. It's been a major issue for a while now. They won't even accept video proof, saw it 3 times last mini os we were at. The ref said the only way they would impose an infraction is of the flagger or track official witnessed it personally. Pretty much a joke. I heard a parent walk away telling his kid to ignore the yellow from now on.

Too hard to police would be my guess. It's been a major issue for a while now. They won't even accept video proof, saw it 3 times last mini os we were at. The ref said the only way they would impose an infraction is of the flagger or track official witnessed it personally. Pretty much a joke. I heard a parent walk away telling his kid to ignore the yellow from now on.
This year at minios I heard quite a few parents tell their kids this also

Back