Best deal on a new 250f

jfalat

PR Addict
that stink's now having to pay tax on out of state bikes.. I haven't bought a bike since 2022.. when did they start this BS:(

John250

PR Founding Father
Back in the day before motocross bikes had titles, they only had a Manufactures Certificate of Origins. I would use my brother in laws address in Virginia to keep from paying taxes on bikes. Then I got to the point, where I just used my own and said screw it, and paid the government. They track everything now. Pretty soon its going to be hard to walk into the BMV and say I only paid "X" amount for this used car, boat or bike. They will want their taxes. Never could understand taxes on used vehicles. It is the biggest BS tax scheme their is. How many times can the government get taxes on a vehicle? honestly, I believe only the person who should pay tax is the original owner.

SCHAFFERNOCKER

PR Addict
Your boy is riding a 250f? I thought he was still on minis?

I've been shopping too. Hard to find anyone really really wanting to come down from what their list price is. I seen Cernics has a couple nice deals on 450's, they may be blowing out some 250f's too.

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
michigan has been that way for a few years, they will collect their state tax and you have to pay the difference if u want an ohio title.

im not sure about PA anymore. I know New york its still good and WV

PA may have changed, but I dont think so. It definitely only applies to cash deals, if you finance you're paying it

MX10

Noob
michigan has been that way for a few years, they will collect their state tax and you have to pay the difference if u want an ohio title.

im not sure about PA anymore. I know New york its still good and WV

PA may have changed, but I dont think so. It definitely only applies to cash deals, if you finance you're paying it
I paid cash for my 23.5 GG FE 250F in October from Bentley Cycle, they said the good ole days of paying tax later are over. He said some dealerships are still getting away with it but everyone will be on same page shortly. From previous sales of my bikes, title in hand is always best thing for everyone.

Last edited:

Meister

PR Founding Father

I've been shopping too. Hard to find anyone really really wanting to come down from what their list price is. I seen Cernics has a couple nice deals on 450's, they may be blowing out some 250f's too.
Cernics fees are laughable tho, so be careful...

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict

I'm riding the 250 until he grows into it lol. I sold the last of my play toys in 2014ish I think.
Mid life crisis time. Lol

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
And he had to get the first ride. Parking lot to trailer lol.
1000012555.jpg

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
Ended up at mid ohio, they were easy to deal with, I was happy with the price and it is the closest dealer to me, so it worked out
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet also when a dealership helps you time and time again loyalty is always something people never forget! Hope the kawi is good to you everyone is saying how much they like the 250s

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
Planning on putting up his 2012 klx110 up for sale and going back up to pick up a new crf110 when it sells.
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet also when a dealership helps you time and time again loyalty is always something people never forget! Hope the kawi is good to you everyone is saying how much they like the 250s

Motox856

PR Member
Ohio. They are the 8th most taxed state in the country. They will figure out a way to get every dollar out of you they can. Ohio's budget has increased 60% in the last twelve years. Ranks right with all the blue states these days.
Tennessee isn't bad

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
Started on the turn track,hit the moto track, then the woods. Its been at least 10 years, but i felt good. Had to remind my self of sitting up on the tank, and looking a head and things started coming back to me. I'm 6'2 so I'm going to mess with the other options for the pegs and bars next time i go out, i wasn't uncomfortable but figure i would check them out.
1000012624.jpg