2011 OIR Season

Hey Dave its Chris Mosher. Great to hear from you! Please get ahold of me. You gotta come out and see us! Maybe You can come start a race for us for old times sake. I remember when i was a kid working for you running the starting gate, Mike kennedy and myself. Jill and Rachel will be down there with us this year too. Glad you found us, brings back so many great memories. Hope we make some more this year. Hope your doing well! Hey bring the old big wheel yamaha !!

Hopefully we get a track layout change.....Something along the layouts 'fat cat Dave ' used to do ! I loved the huge bowl corner with the 8' wall, dropping into the woods straight away was always a blast to !

I have raced hare scrambles for many years and now my son races both MX and HS. I raced at OIR and can say it was one of the best run tracks I have been to. Start racing at 11am and be done racing by 3! There are several reasons that this was accomplished, back to back races with little down time and no quads. It also helps to have a professional and organized race supporter like Hands Racing. My fears are this track will turn into a mess of bikes and quads. Cramming as many of both for the $$ in one day. Low track maintenance and local riders’ rules. No disrespect to anyone just my past experience. Only time will tell and I wish you luck, the sport needs it. We don’t need another track, we need and experience and a reason to join the sport. A full service complex will build tomorrow’s riders that will support and respect the sport.

Things to think about;
$20 or less to race a class and $5 to enter park. There is a race every weekend Saturday and Sunday in race season, why should I race at OIR??
Since the track will be an outlaw track, race CRF150R with 85CC and a beginner class.
Mid size track for beginner 65-85-150 4t, Jr./Sr. trail classes
Bikes only, quads only (bikes Saturday, quads Sunday)
Better parking for trailers and easier in/out of park
Training days for riders
Partnership with dealerships to have support, new models demo and equipment.
Instead of trophies (rider’s choice), give shirts away with class and place. Free advertising
Have knowledgeable people run the race and provide information for the classes without extra cost

Looking forward to an awesome year at OIR. I can't wait. I have alot of confidence in the new owners; yes they have things to learn, BUT they have a willingness to promote good races, they have a good attitude towards the motocross communtiy and they love riding themselves. I look for them to persevere and grow; to continue the heritage of OIR...a great place to race! I believe from the riders perspective, we should go with an open heart and mind to give these men a fair chance to prove themselves to us, they want to and they truly care. Sad I will miss the first one due to a harescramble at Malvern Racing, but I will be at the rest. See you all there!!!!

Back