What's With Alessi?

I know!! He went wide letting Nick Wey by in his qualifier and then he had two privateer KTM riders beat him in the LCQ. I'm not a big fan of Alessi but something doesn't seem right with him.

He's saving himself for the outdoor season and doesn't want to get hurt indoors!!!!! At least that's what it looks like......... he better turn up the speed or he'll be retired next year.

looks to me like he is just riding out there, not racing. you can tell by his body language on the bike. several times this season i can recall where it seemed he just gave up positions, not holding lines, not charging. i dont know who that is out there but its not the Alessi we know. hopefully he steps it up.

He's simply being a baby because he doesn't get along with Roger. He gave up half-way through the outdoors last year, and that is right around the time that KTM started talking to Roger. Alessi can't poop, so he might as well get off the pot.

Did everyone miss the big get off he had at Red Bud ( I think it was ) ?????

He simply has not been the same since. Can you blame him ? That was one nasty crash and injury. I don't think he will ever be the same after that.

i was thinking also he maybe saving himself for outdoors since he does not even have to race supercross but ktm wants him to. But at the same time he is making himself look horrible. all i know is im sure his dad just cant wait till the end of the season to tell everyone "i told you so"

could it be the 350? Andrew short isnt doing much either compared to last year when he was on a 450. i dont believe that the 350 has an advantage like some people are saying that they do. i havent seen either one come close to pullin a wholeshot yet.

I think Hershey got it. He's going to need to be hypnotized out of this funk to forget getting T-Boned on the RedBud ski jump.

The other possible answer is that his brother Jeff (or maybe McGrath) finally told him what "KTM" stands for - Kill The Motocrosser.

could it be the 350? Andrew short isnt doing much either compared to last year when he was on a 450. i dont believe that the 350 has an advantage like some people are saying that they do. i havent seen either one come close to pullin a wholeshot yet.

Maybe all the "hype" :D over the three five o just isn`t cutting it????:)

I think Hershey got it. He's going to need to be hypnotized out of this funk to forget getting T-Boned on the RedBud ski jump.

The other possible answer is that his brother Jeff (or maybe McGrath) finally told him what "KTM" stands for - Kill The Motocrosser.

kick till monday!!!!!

kant take much. ha .

He had some decent rides since the big crash at Red Bud, so I dont think that has anything to do with it. Perhaps he is just done.....his dad pushed him since 5 years old, and maybe he has just lost his drive. I am not an Alessi fan, so I dont care one way or the other, but it is strange to see Jeff Alessi looking much faster than Mike. He will be gone from KTM with rides like that. Roger and Tony dont get along anyway, so in Rogers long range plans, I am sure Mike is not part of it.

I dont think he can ride a KTM well in general. He had a decent year in lites but wasn't putting in any good rides after that untill he got off them. I am slo begining to believe the 350 is NOT a good bike to be on at the professional level in the 450 class. sure its lighter and easier to throw around but lossing 100cc's, it looks like the 350 takes more effert in turns and larger rythems to be as competitive as the 450's. With all the power race 450s and putting out the corners can be cut off shorter, little bobbles are easier to over come in rythems with a tad more gas ect..KTM I think is just trying to market the bike by placing all its 450 riders on them when shorty is having a tough time to hang in the top 10. The 350 im sure is a great bike for any amature to be on, but i think allesi is finding out a 450 may suit him better and maybe a more competitive machine in a very stacked field.

I am not sure if its the nasty red bud crash holding him back, eveyone think back to your worst crash. I know mine took a few rides to overcome, but once you begin getting comfortable on the bike again that memory of the pain seems to fade as does the fear..granted not many go down as hard as he did. KTM will give him the boot hopefully and pick up a rider that wants to be on the gate in the main, not dilly dakin so he can have cotton candy and spectate the rest of the night.

He's rebelling against Tony Alessi. When your homeschooling and race days take over earlier in life you bring out teenage characteristics later in life. Hence making him want to rebell against Dad.

Really though i'm sure its a combination of near death experiences and his ******* overly aggressively hard pushing dad.

Don't have a clue on what's up with Alessi's riding...... and I'm not so sure that the 350 in the 450 class is a good choice at the Pro Level....

I think the 350 just cant compete at the pro level, it seems like he lost the will to win when KTM took away the proper tools to do the job (the 450)

Back