What's With Alessi?

I think he pulleda good start this weekend just to shut everyone on vital up about how the 350 can't start.

Really since James dominated Alessi outdoors a couple years back and after the race they asked Mike what he needed to do to go faster and he said "Nothing my program is fine the way it is." Hmm it is? You train to get second? That just kind of got me the wrong way, basically attitude I am the best, even though you are gettin killed every weekend.

I just heard a short interview with alessi and he was saying he has not been happy with his suspension which they fixed for this week and he is not in race shape yet. He said they just focus on doing two hard heat Motos in practice that are 8 laps instead of 20 right now. I don't know why he is not in shape but that's why he said he could not keep his position in the race.

Also if everyone did not know his dad stopped going to the races cause he wanted to see him fail under decoster. Well his dad showed up this week and mike said he was pissed for sucking and put some fire under his ass so maybe his dad is not all bad.

And roczen will kill himself in the 450 class he not ready for that yet. I wanna see him do it also but I think it's a mistake.

Outdoors, Short will be on a 450. He will not race a 350 against everyone else on the 450. Rocket and I agree on something.....I am not a Hansen fan either.

Outdoors is where the 350 can be an advantage if it can keep going the same speed without tiring the rider out as much....... so I'm not sure that Short will be on a 450 outside. And while I'm not a Hansen fan......... I do respect his toughness last week with a broken hand!

Why does everyone think the 350 is an advantage? It can only be as light as the minimum class weight. So why give up any power, when they can make what ever kind of power the rider wants on a 450?

Outdoors is where the 350 can be an advantage if it can keep going the same speed without tiring the rider out as much....... so I'm not sure that Short will be on a 450 outside. And while I'm not a Hansen fan......... I do respect his toughness last week with a broken hand!
why would the 350 not tire the rider out?

Everything that I have ever read about the KTM 350 says it feels like a 250F on Steroids...... The feels lightweight and easy to move around on compared to a 450, with only a very slight power disadvantage. Supposedly, the inertia of the 450's motor's spinning mass makes it harder to change direction due to the gyroscopic forces involved of all those moving parts in the engine while riding it...... Think about it, when riding a 250F compared to a 450F..... the bikes really aren't that much different in weight if at all....... but they sure feel different when riding them. A 250F feels like a toy compared to a 450F........ The 350 is supposed to feel like a 250F when riding it, therefore not tiring out the rider as much when riding at maximum speed for 35 - 40 Minutes allowing them to stay closer to the same lap times for longer periods of time..... therefore better in the long run for smaller riders that get worn out from the energy to keep a 450 pointed in the right direction at warp speeds. Think small guys like Mike Alessi who ride super fast but get tired out from wrestling a 450 for 40 minutes no matter what kind of training he does.

This is the theory behind the 350.......... and I'm just relaying it. I don't buy it as I go the other way..... as evidenced by my 576cc motor that I like best. Sure it's hard to turn and wants to go straight...... but it's a torque monster and I can lug it around at Warp speed without being on the rev limiter ever just running it at low end and making the most of the torque.

honda 450 238 pounds
honda 250 227 pounds
ktm 350 245 pounds

There is a difference between actual weight of the bike, and the way a bike feels while riding it. If you go back to last year when Yamaha introduced the radical new YZ450F, the big hype was about the way the bike feels while riding it based on the new engine configuration and it's mass centralization. Every article wrote about how the bike was not actually light, but while riding it, you would swear that it was lighter than other bikes that were much lighter on the scale. The same goes for the radical HUSABERG with the 70 degree slanted engine and the crank placed in the middle of the bike............. the bikes are heavy on the scale, but everyone that rides one swears that the bikes are super light to ride.................

I'm not arguing actual weights here.... but feel of the bike while riding it. So a KTM 350 may be heavier than other bikes in class, but while riding it.......... it is supposed to feel much lighter and take much less effort to ride for a long period of time.

why would the 350 not tire the rider out?

350 is a little less snappier....a little easier on the arms and the body.

Same principle as riding a 125 instead of a 450, just scaled down. I can ride less snappier less powerful bikes, harder for longer... 450 Just kills me. Although, I haven't rode one of these 350's. But I know for sure I can still push hard when i'm tired on a 250F, not on a 450 i'll kill myself.

Back