Pre-entries are up for AHRMA Gatorback National MX

Major, my buddy Tom Boyd was behind you when you did that tabletop thing.
I didn't see it but he told us about it. He said it wasn't pretty.
The crash from behind, was that on a downhill before that small triple?
If so, I saw that and it was dirty if you asked any of us. Who ran into you?
I hope it wasn't my other buddy Bob Lee z13. I saw it but didn't see who ran into you.
I think my new friends from Maryland helped you load up also.
That's what I really liked about the weekend, all the new friends from around the country.
CC, that's why I didn't run my 480. Left hand start and hard to start to boot.
My MT250 fired up first kick and I was the second into the woods.
I was doing pretty good until I left my manhood impression in the tank.

That video is horrible. Would be nice if they just posted it regular so it was watchable.....would be nice to see!

Yep, Tharrell, the crash off the table-top was a doozy. This is my first year in the vintage class, and sometimes I forget that 3.9" of CZ rear wheel travel doesn't function the same way in which the 11+ on my RMs do.

And yeah, the downhill crash on Sunday that you mentioned was also mine. I don't know who hit me and I don't really care, because I was asking for it. Several other witnesses think I was needlessly bulldozed, but they're mistaken.

I came around the corner preceding that section and when I approached the jump, I suddenly could not remember whether it was one of the go fast areas or slow down areas. Even though it was on the last lap, I still hadn't committed the flow of the track to memory.

I just plain forgot what to do next. Does that ever happen to any of you guys?

Anyway, I braked hard when I shouldn't have and the dude behind me properly kept his throttle pinned. I think his passing footpeg snagged my rear tire. My fault entirely. I was happy that I didn't take him out with me, whoever it was.

I haven't been on a bike much in 20 years and only 5 minutes on that 480 before that race.
I picked my way around the track.
I was just getting used to it by the time the second moto was over.
I raced that track in 1988 on a brand new YZ250 and the table, stepup, and small triple was not in there.
The drop off after the first turn was there but the elevation after that was not.
They built all of that up.
Anyway, glad to hear you made it home.
Those guys from MD said you were banged up a little. Tony

Back