rising rate vs falling rate? - YZ monoshock

One of the other sales features that nobody has mentioned is packaging of the monoshock......

With one shock centralized on the machine, it made for a narrow motorcycle....as shocks were moved farther forward during the suspension revolution, the Yamaha did not suffer from "cowboy" syndrome....ask anyone that raced 77-80 era twin shock bikes, you had to ride bow legged due to the upper shock mount placement....

I sent mine straight to Race Tech.....I called them and discussed what I wanted, then packed and shipped it to them.....

Yep, I'm going the same route and sending my rear shock to RT tomorrow and I have the fork gold valves and fork springs on order and coming to me to install.

Mike, what weight fork oil are you running in your forks with the the gold valve? I ask because when I installed the GVs on my 84 RM250 forks, part of the installation included cutting off the stock compression valve and I then had to run a 25 weight oil in order for the compression and rebound to feel right with the stiffer springs. With a 10 wt oil the rebound was way to fast and the only way to control that was with the oil wt. I guess another option would have been to close of the stock compression holes that are drilled in the dampening rod and redrill smaller ones, but that would have been more work.

Mooch - I am running 15 wt. Bel Ray fork oil with the medium tension spring on the GV's set about 1/3 of the way from just seated. I should have put the heavier spring in when I did it, but wanted to try it out first with the stock springs. It was great for woods, too soft though for MX....

Back