talk about a full moon...

RV was pissed because, like a lot of the top riders, they think everyone should move
over and get the hell out of there way. LOL! What a great race!
Put Dungey right back in the thick of things too after he's had some bad luck
this season!

The most interesting thing about this SX season is that we are so far into it and we haven't lost most of the top guys to injury. We still have almost all of the big names in there racing every weekend........ which is a very rare thing in SX seasons of the recent past. The only 2 guys we've lost this season are Josh Grant and Jake Weimer........... everyone else is still racing. Makes for a great season, and with that many top guys on the track........ someone has to get 5th which gives up a pile of points each week.

Here is another thing I realized today. In the beginning of the year I really wanted to see Pourcel and how he stacked up on the big bike, but with the season going like it is I totally forgot about him. I also think that Toronto is going to be a death match, Reed can smell blood in the water, RV needs to get a points cushion and Stewart has alot of ground to make up. If my memory is correct Toronto is a little bit smaller of a track so I hope for some good bar banging.

Just think -- Stewart has now gone 6 races without winning. Last race he won was Anaheim 2, that was back on February 5th!

If Dungey didn't have that chain guide issue....

id like to know what they initially thought was wrong with stewart. i was thinking broken lower back. the way he hopped up and then reached for his back.

Toronto has the biggest floor space of anywhere sx goes, but they dont use the whole floor for some reason. Iv been there that place is huge!

yeah, the rogers centre is pretty freaking sweet. Has the room that open up to the stadium so you can watch from a Room. But the dirt in Toronto SUCKS. After the 2nd heat there are more ruts in the faces and landings I think than any other track on the circuit....Toronto is 2nd only to Daytona for roughness from a spectator point of view. Maybe they shorten up the track because the dirt is so terrible for Dirtworx to work with...?

Check out the Toronto track map. Really shows all the extra space on the floor. Would be nice if they just made a huge track at one of these big stadiums, I remember they used to do that in Houston back in the day.

Toronto(1).jpg

I finally watched that race last night.
RV.....I am with the guy that asked why he was so freeakin mad at Boni.....that's racin, and if he gets a good start, he is not in that spot. As for the LCQ.......it looked to me that RV took himself and Brayton out in that one, not once, but even a second time coming back on the track.

As for Bubba, well......he had an issue again, and it is what it is. That section was obviously causing all the riders issues off the starts.

They made a bid deal about the right handed turn. I started thinking about it, while I prefer left handers also, almost all the tracks we race in D 11 have right handed first turns.

Surprised me that Reed was not doing the triple that Bubba and Millsaps was jumping. If Millsaps can pull it off, I am sure Reed and Windham could pull it off.

Looks like the rest of the season is gonna be good.

Surprised me that Reed was not doing the triple that Bubba and Millsaps was jumping. If Millsaps can pull it off, I am sure Reed and Windham could pull it off.

Looks like the rest of the season is gonna be good.

I might venture to say that Joe Gibbs can produce better equipment than Reed can. And the distance of the jump compared with the run might have been just a wee bit out of the scope of Reeds Honda...but maybe not, I don't know. And that jump Millsapps was crackin' was way huge. With not a big run. Canard wasn't even hitting it. It's probably a safer bet not to jump things like that especially when you're the last race of the evening and the the spectator can't really have a definitive view on how the dirt held up in that tiny tiny area for the so called run up to to that table-single-single. It has to be equivalent to when Stewart was hitting that Quad earlier in the year that nobody else touched...

Not sure I agree with the equipment point of view.......My guess is Reed is getting a lot of works parts from Honda, and his bike is probably just as good as the factory boys.

I agree with you John, Reed is a multimillionaire. If there was something he thought he needed he would be able to buy it. Even if its not offered to the public If Chad Reed says he wants to buy your product you sell it to him. Even though he is not a factory honda rider, He has put there bike on the box more than anyone in the past couple years. Honda is going to give him what ever he wants.

JGR has their own machine shop where they can make any part at any given time. I know the factories have these machines too, but Reed isn't on a Factory Honda and i'm sure even with Reed being a millionaire his bikes aren't as nice as JGR bike, or as nice what Canard is riding. It might not be by much, but every tiny single advantage in the pro ranks is more than a milestone...Just like the millionaire nascar drivers that don't have as nice of cars as a JGR car.

Back