Stewart + 2011 = Crashfest

PitRacer

PR Founding Father
Why is James crashing so much this year? Lack of focus? Is the backwards Yamaha motor taking his career backwards? I will say that it looks like he has struggled with setup on the YZF all season, thing just doesn't look right for him. He goes from washing the front end out, to getting kicked over the bars in the span of about 30 yards of track....

I think a lack of focus is his major malfunction. He hasen't really looked all that great for a while. Which is about the same time Yamaha redesigned their bike. I just don't believe that the bike is the problem. I think he has to much going on making his television show. To much of a distraction.

I agree with beenriding. It really was a long shot for him to win the title this season but he blew it by crashing in the whoops. If he would has got up and not crashed he probably could have won still. I don't know eh ge wages put the front end on that bike all the time it has to be te bike more than the rider I would think. The bottom line is if he kept it on two wheels more he would be champion or top two. I dot care what anyone says he still is the guy to beat Even though he's not number one

He has been in every Crash highlight this year, with the exception of maybe two. Some may not have been his fault, some were definately his fault, and some were only his fault. The only reason he was in the points race is because he took out every other top rider in the series.
How many seasons has he ended for other riders because he wasn't thinking? If he rode like he normaly does on a local track, he would be banned from the local races.
Just my opinion.
Oh ya, GO REED! haha

He is "CHECKERS OR WRECKERS" for sure. I think DW coined that for him, just forgot Stewart was running a different sport.

I like Reed. He is nearly as great as McGrath in my book. He is always there, and except for last year, he is never really hurt. He ALWAYS rides within the bikes/his limits for sure. If he gets paid a podium bonus, he is a very, very rich man.

I think he has at least 1 brain fart in every race. Sometimes it gets him sometimes it doesnt.

Why is James crashing so much this year? Lack of focus? Is the backwards Yamaha motor taking his career backwards? I will say that it looks like he has struggled with setup on the YZF all season, thing just doesn't look right for him. He goes from washing the front end out, to getting kicked over the bars in the span of about 30 yards of track....

Bottom line......can't be the fastest man on the planet, laying in corners, launching yourself onto the back of Chad Reed, cartwheeling, and looping out! No doubt, I was pulling for him to win it all, plus he rides blue, but staying on 2 wheels is part of the sport!

He showed me glimces of really being the best, but might have to back off a bit to keep the bike up and down instead of on the ground.

Would like to see him ride a full outdoor season, but don't think that is in the cards. Maybe he can get with Thor and have them design him a police officer outfit he can wear next year! With Ponch and John style boot from CHIPS!

We all know he crashed a lot even when he wasn't being pushed by a whole bunch of other top runners. This season, I think his crashing is just due to having more guys consistently pushing the pace and causing him to get even sketchier. He used to just have to worry about RC, this season there's been RV,CR, RD,TC, LMNOPQ...

He was washing his front when he was on the Kawie too...has always been a lot of talk about how he'd have his forks so set up so stiff for the whoops and such that he washes out in the corners.

Thats what happens when you take a year off and do nothing but slam taco bell.

I agree.....he took off. Did not focus and people have caught up to him, and he has moved back a little in performance. Those that try to say it is the bike crack me up.......come on, this is James Stewart. The bike is awesome.....ANYTHING that was not dialed in to his liking would be changed to what he prefers. The King himself MC, rode a '92 CR for how many years with new plastic on it because he prefered the geomerty of it?? The bike is NOT the issue with Bubba.

I agree.....he took off. Did not focus and people have caught up to him, and he has moved back a little in performance. Those that try to say it is the bike crack me up.......come on, this is James Stewart. The bike is awesome.....ANYTHING that was not dialed in to his liking would be changed to what he prefers. The King himself MC, rode a '92 CR for how many years with new plastic on it because he prefered the geomerty of it?? The bike is NOT the issue with Bubba.

In my honest opinion, him whining about the bike reflects pretty badly on himself. Those are the top riders in the world, he should be able to win on everything if he really is SX quality. He should be able to jump on my all stock 250 and win a title. Because of this, I'd really like to see a stock class in addition to the lites and 450s and see how they compare, but hey JMO

Everyone took the week off to ride, test, get better, focus, tune bikes...( only a couple races left)
Bubba took his posse to the bahamas to relax... Oh yeah and work out. he thew that in for PR.

He is dangerous, always landing on the GOAT or taking out riders.
Hate NASCAR..but would they put up with someone taking out points leaders multiple times a season?

Damn, and I was thinking of training for Loretta Lynn's this year by going to the Bahamas........... are you sure that's not a good plan????

Stewart has never known how/when to back it down , especially when pressured . Maybe a restrictor plate , ala NASCAR , would have kept him on 2 wheels .

Damn, and I was thinking of training for Loretta Lynn's this year by going to the Bahamas........... are you sure that's not a good plan????

Stewart got what he deserved...He got as much out as he put in...

However if you want to cataplt at redbud go ahead..HA

It's no different this year than any...even when he was on a KX125. Who else was quading a section in Vegas (just for show as it wasn't faster) and then washed out in the main, was hauling the mail to get back to the front and broke his collar bone?

He IS the fastest this sport has ever seen. Those of you haters like a buddy of mine will say "no his NOT" 'cause he isn't winning (every race), but at least he agrees for one lap, there isn't anyone on a MX bike faster, so maybe the correct term is the quickest?

I think he has always just pushed it that hard and it's coming down to a time where he isn't mulitple seconds faster a lap and cannot make up the time when he goes down. It's who he is and how he has always done it. He's just going so damn fast now that it messes more up than it did on his PW50....

Also, the tracks have been gnarly. Those whoops he wrecked into Reed coming out off were something I am not certain I'd even double....ride through....ride on the side of them? I think he needs to back it down a little, at least in certain sections, and he'll be fine, but as I said before, it's who he is. Ricky was a crash-o-matic in his first couple of years with the big dogs. He just learned he couldn't stay that way and win....consistently. VP was 6th fastest qualifier this past week...go figure?

Time off may, his show, Bahammas, etc. may have something to do with it. Look at Tiger Woods? ;) When you stop tying your shoe for a week, do you forget how to or can't do it as fast? Silly wabbits... We aren't talking about the weekend warriors in the 30+ B vet class here..... These guys have been riding all their life...a lot!!! They can win heat races with a broken hand, qualify mains with torn ACL's, etc.... C'mon man! :)

P.S.- I do wish he would race the outdoors (Windham too). So much more fun seeing ALL the fast guys out there.....

The King himself MC, rode a '92 CR for how many years with new plastic on it because he prefered the geomerty of it?? The bike is NOT the issue with Bubba.

Let's look at it this way John -- MC rode that CR all those years and dominated. Then switched to Suzuki for '97, a year when everyone knew their bike was not up to snuff. He had some bad luck along the way (like a flat tire), but would you really ever say "it's not the bike" when talking about McGrath losing in 1997? Of course not, because you hate Suzukis so to you if anyone loses on a Suzuki it certainly must be the bike. But, as a Yamaha lover you would never say that about Yamaha no matter how obvious it is.

I think it so very clearly IS THE BIKE with Stewart, along with lack of focus on his part. Not that the bike isn't good -- he just can't get it dialed in to suit him and his WFO style. His bike this year just looks like a disaster setup-wise. Even when he wins he has several close calls along the way with front-end washouts or almost getting bucked over the bars. He should have been spending double-time this season working on setup but maybe he's just not that good at it. Just because someone is the fastest guy out there doesn't mean he is good at working on bike setup and relaying what he feels and wants to the team. RC even admitted in some interviews that he struggled with setup for a long time.

Back