OHMX Ohio State Championship Series

Scotty810

PR Addict
Who is in? Sunday Creek kicks things off this weekend. I'm typically not a racer, but this is a short series (not thirty some races!) at some of my favorite tracks. Never ridden at Sunday Creek or Fast Trax but I have heard good things.

I also like being able to practice the day before the races. One of the reasons I don't race much is because of the 3 laps of practice you get at a new track before going racing. I just can't get comfortable in a swarm of racers and learn a track that fast. This series gives me a full day to get ready! :)

I was/am/sortof planning on racing the series. Kindof. Maybe.

I guess it's a little hard to motivate for it with all this rain......not to mention I'm just not ready to start the series this coming weekend.

Web Site?

Tom, please point your eyeballs to the big banner ad on PitRacer LOL

OHMX_254.jpg

What’s with this Racing talk????
I still need to get <S>some</S> many casual laps in to <S>fine tune</S> begin my set-ups on bikes.

I'm so looking forward to this series. Scotty said it right, it's only 6-8 races at some great tracks. Practice on Saturday like OMG and D12 used to do so you can make a weekend out of it. We never get the chance to ride Sunday Creek but it's an awesome place. Huge pit area. Lots of elevation. Sort of like a cross between Scenic and Crow. It should be able to run off most of this rain. I wish Beans could jump in one of those last two dates, or maybe DirtWorld or Western Reserve.

I probably won't do a race this year things aren't looking good but it would be great to see Beans and briarcliff jump in to fill those 2 TBA races!

We did happen to make it out to Sunday Creek for the weekend.

Saturday- Track was a little wet the first round of practice, but really turned up some good ruts for a variety of lines. There was alot of riders that showed up later in the day, which really made it a fun day of riding.

Sunday- rain, crap, mud, more mud and there was just about nothing they could do with the track. Ended up having roughly 9 motos with a total of maybe 50 riders.

We will for sure make the trip down for the next round, track has a really good flow and decent lap times.

I went too. It was really muddy, but the track would have been lots of fun if it was not for the rain. It had a really nice flow and i still had a good time even with the mud. I'm excited for the rest of this series.

Rain? Goodness I never even considered that! I was home all day and it was bright and sunny up by Cleveland! I was working around the house stewing all day because I missed the race!

We rode Saturday and had every intention of racing Sunday, but as we ate dinner it rained and was looking like rain all day Sunday. Decided to head back home to watch the Vegas SX. I liked the track but realized I am REALLY not a mud rider. I felt like I had never ridden before. I felt like I was on ice all day and really sucked it up. Didn't think I had any business racing...

OK Pit, Barracode, and Sharc,

Let's hit the next round July 17th. I've never been to 330, but I'm ready to race. I'll be fresh off coming back from the dunes and will be ready for the Vet Fest tune up.

Earlier in the season I was planning...OK thinking about racing here and there, but after taking all winter off and with the rain, I only hit my second ride of the season yesterday. In trying to turn a new leaf and not hurt myself every other ride, I'm doing my best not to ride over the top so much. I'll be ready July 17th.

OK, your turn...sing it!! ;)

Skin & Swim? I remember that last year sorta....Thats when Sharky disappears for awhile....it gets reaaal hot out, and he vanishes. poof.

Went Saturday.....one side of the track was pretty good....the far side of the track was slop....all that black dirt/mud was about 2 feet thick of nothin but mush And for $35 to practice....kinda crappy specially being they did A/B, C, 85s, 65, 50, and prolly some other stupid mini class that wudnt have mattered if it got paired up with one or two other mini classes but w.e I put maybe 10-15 laps in all day? granted i showed up at 1130 and they ended at 3.... waste of time and money And after reading the briarcliff post from last weekend....im not kickin myself in the face... Wish i wuda went to Briar sat...

Back