at what point does gas prices prevent u from racing?

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
4.15 a gallon.....not so sure if I'm gonna buy a bike or a truck now...

Are people going to ride less ? But where do you think the general population will draw the line ?

Personally it could be 10.00 and I am still gonna do what I do....but that would prolly cut out longer GNCC drives. We carpool those so its better but Flordia cost us 1100 this year in diesel!

I'll still race, just not as much. I'll probably go to BC more, for only $20 to ride all day and Closest to my house on Sundays.

I have already decided to limit myself to places which use 1 tank of gas round trip. So that gives me about an hour and a half I can drive to a track. Exception is WRMC, I will drive the 3 hours for that.

I'm hoping it has a huge impact on the VETS going to the LL Regionals so I can have a good shot at making the cut!

If gas prices stay this high all summer ... i am not going to be riding much. will just try to ride local to my area... smith,apple,330,battles burg. i hate not going to B/C but the 2-1/2 hour drive is to much now.

As little as I ride, I can stomach 1 hour / 1 way. The Civic doesn't drink too much with the trailer.

As 746 said, I will pay to ride more than race this year. My plan was / is to do 3, maybe 4 races this year. It helps that Dayton MC is 15 minutes from my house. Anna and New Vienna are less than 1 hour. I have a private facility about 25 minutes away. In reality, 4.15 per gallon won't change my riding much.

Pit, I feel ya for going to the Regional. I thought the trip to Baja Acres in 1997 was expensive. No way in today's economy.

The gas price gouging is only adding to a still very weak economy. A lot of companies, businesses, municipalities, and states hurting right now. Could still get worse before better.

I noticed we have lost a few more promotors in district 11.

It just has stopped us. My two younger kids race and I was in the market for a good deal on a used 2 stroke but that money is going for a second 4 cylinder car and parking the Durango my wife drives. We are limited to Smith rd. races Apple Cabin practices and hopefully soon some briarcliff. For a family of five to go the track and have 2 racers is just not worth it at the moment. I can do alot of other stuff with that 200$.

I have car pooled just about every time I have ridden this year. Maybe we could start a car pool thread for each practice day or race day. Those living close by going to the same place could work out pick up and drop off plans to help save money for all. It worked out great for us (#23mx,halfpint and Craig) on our trip to Red Bud this year. It only cost us $50 each in gas to haul all 4 of us and our bikes.

Locally it could mean $5 or so each in gas instead of 15 , 20 or more on your own.

haven't car pooled much in past few years but gonna start, if i drive co pilot pays for practice and vise versa

I'll still go ride, but I'll stay closer for the most part. Last year I tried to go to the tracks less, but ride more while I was there. I have a little beater civic I picked up not long ago, and the thought has crossed my mind to get a hitch and get a (or make) a single rail or real small trailer for it.

Its not going to prevent myself from taking my boys racing..... You learn how to use less gas with less nonsense running around...... I have a company car for that that has a gas card...

I figure we have saved $500 already this year, due to the rain. So now we can race our butts off! Plus, with the high gas prices, buying race fuel isn't so bad since the gap has closed. :)

I filled 33.9 gallons today in the Avalanche for a total of $140......Since Jesse is off for a few months for Rehab on the knee we will be saving a few bucks to use when he comes back.

I think the gas prices are just plain stupid............

Rae Lynn

I feel it does not matter if gas prices are 2.00 a gallon or 5.00 a gallon if you wanna go ride then you are going to. Me personally have just adjusted my budget, cut out nonsense spending and still go ride and race each week.

Back