Bc 5/7 & 5/8

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Planning to be open this weekend, 11-5:00 both days. I rode late last Sunday, tracks arent bad. As long as it doesnt monsoon on Friday, we should be able to handle a sprinkle this weekend. I know everybody is ready.

Going over one table top in 1st gear doesn't count as riding...oh wait..yeah, good thing you have friends. ;)

See ya this weekend...I hope!! :)

Well we are planning on being out Saturday with at-the-track photo printing available. Man I can't wait to ride!!!!

are you still planning on doing the sessions on both tracks? or is it depending if things get crazy?

If I can get my forks back in time, I can lace my first wheel successfully, and the rain doesn't come in pools, I'm ready to rip both days. Oh yeah, and the arm pump can find another Popeye to bother.... :(

Burch, you finally get your scoot done? We may head to the cliff on Sunday, racin' Saturday at Malvern. I'm not racin' though, so don't get to excited to roost me. We are heading to Disney next week, so the wife won't let me break any body parts! Matt. By the way, when is that Cancer benifit ride?

Yessir, The Takegawa motor is so far amazing! I'm not able to race Saturday anyways, hanging out with the baby girls while the wife goes to a concert.... upside to this? => riding all day Sunday!!!!

DISNEY!?!? WOW! Bridget wants to go this year but I told her the girls need to be a little older to enjoy it to its full potential.

Tracks were super dry today, I had planned on getting the Mack loaded up, not now. We got a good shower at 4:30-5:00pm, and decent sprinkle 5 minutes ago. If it doesnt pour overnight, tracks will be stellar. I will post an update in the AM.

Just what the doctor ordered; No rain overnight (as of 6:00 am). Looks like we might be able to squeeze one in today, open at 11:00.

Allot of tweaks; TAKE A SITE LAP! Actually look at the jumps, just dont ride slowly.

Allot of tweaks; TAKE A SITE LAP! Actually look at the jumps, just dont ride slowly.

Tweaks!!!!!........First Chad, Bubba and Hanny…..and now you too???.....
Pfft tweaks..
What if I don’t get no tweaks on my phone….How will I know where to go?
<O:p</O:p

Tweaks or not the day was awesome for pig flying! I do have a long list of complaints to register with the management though:

1. The toilet paper in the port o johns is only single ply and with proper use it leads to chafing or lack of perfectly clean hygiene. Charmin 2 ply is expected in the future.

2. The dirt is too nice..... I need it to be slicker and more hard pack to gain advantage over competitors, please mix more clay into the soil and make it harder.

3. The place is two hours and seven minutes from my house driving at warp speed without a trailer..... Please move closer to Cleveland for easier access to my house.

4. I'm sure I will come up with more later after I recover from my great day of riding!

Seriously awesome day of riding on a sweet track that tests rider and bike skill to the max...... I want more horsepower from the hussy if I have to ride there all the time, I miss the 576cc motor there.

Driving through Mt.Vernon some of the fields were pretty soaked and the street was wet but when I got to Fallsberg Pizza ,Well ,…Their parking lot was DRY!!!
Now, I’ve come to trust the Fallsberg Pizza parking lot as a good litmus test for BC Moto Moisture and it was saying that we may be in for a stellar BC riding day.

You bet!…that pizza is never wrong!

It was dry…yes dry.

The dirt had perfect moisture from mother nature and whipped up to a beautiful carpet of traction.

A nice crowd, not too big, but enough to build up killer berms and nice bumps.

I like the tweaks in the turn after the finish line.

…..Then the waller turn - into the gully then big table has good flow too.

The tight right, plain straight, left bowl, plain straight, right hand sweeper is a cool section……ya gotta charge that the whole way. Throttle and braking fun..makes great passing.

The triple was flown by days end….It’s more of a poke than last year but has a nice friendly landing. Ya feel like a hero hucking it!

The step up is super cool now. When landed on the down side of the table, ya float forever. The old Tunnel Jump has finally been vindicated….sweet!

The now defunked Rupalator was a blast today….what a trip that is!

The high speed double area is good.

The rollers will work well in that section …once they get firmer.

I left the finish line for another day, but saw most flying the distance with style.

100% BC sweetness today JO…..Thanks!

….Name drop time…

Weeks!…….Yup, I said Weeks!!!! Riding da-Cliff fast and smooth. How stinkin Awesome!
Gibson… he would blast dirt at me..
Rocket, Agin, Gonz, Hause, Rogers, Rupert, Schaffer…and a host of fast kids…
It started raining a little around 4:30 …I was spent anyway.
Loved it!

Thanks everyone, what a sweet day. Seeing Weeks ride pretty much made the day.

I didnt touch the tracks tonight, except for the drainage/rut fixing session on the dozer. I guess we'll just have to see how much rain we get tonight. Hopefully the pizza shop parking lot is good in the morning.

wow...rain guage is empty...well, maybe a sprinkle overnight? Crap. Might have to go get the Mack. I still cant believe it, we must be in Briarcliff Triangle.

Open at 11:00.

Back