done for the summer......

hershey

PR Elite
I was having a great time sat at Crow, they also raised a nice sum for the Stine family. Thanks to Brock and the crew. Unfortunately I went down during a moto and sustained a humeral neck fracture (broken upper arm). I suspect i injured the shoulder blade and other arm also but wont find out till tues.

Guess I will be glued to pitracer and tv to keep my moto fix in check !

Wow Dave, now that’s crappy to hear. At our age, we have to stay off the ground man. Nothing good comes from hitting the dirt. Heal up quick!

Man- that's crappy. It's early to be out for the summer. Keep yourself busy! You're not alone, my buddy did himself in last week as well. Torn ACL. The entire group I put together, has already disbanded, basically. We had an injury, another one chickened out, another can't ride because of work, one guy gets injured and it looks like I'm the only one left. Again....

Dang Dave! That sucks to hear. Hopefully nothing is wrong with your other arm. Keep us informed! Hang in there!

Just curious Dave, when you went down what happened to cause an upper arm fracture? Of all the bones we break that one seems to me would be a rarity.

We had an injury, another one chickened out, another can't ride because of work, one guy gets injured and it looks like I'm the only one left. Again....

that sucks man, wish i had a bike still id come put in laps with ya. remember me from back in the day, i was friends with big johnny, u were basically our idol when we were younger haha.

Heck yeah I remember both of you. Thanks for the compliments, you guys were definately fun to be around. I've got my buddies 06 KTM250f For sale pretty dang cheap if you know anyone that wants one. It's in the classifieds. Out of all the guys that started off this year, the only one that is itching to get back on his bike, is the guy thats injured! We're hoping he can ride again before it gets cold, but who knows. Every year this happens- Guys are so pumped to ride, they don't take their time "warming up" to the season. I've seen it time and time again, everyone wants to be as fast as they were at the end of the previous year and it takes a while, to get your skills sharpened. They end up hauling @ss right off the truck and weeding themselves out earlier than need be.

Get well soon all you injured guys, I'm going slow for at least another month or so.
Ride on-

Just curious Dave, when you went down what happened to cause an upper arm fracture? Of all the bones we break that one seems to me would be a rarity.

Thanks everyone ! I caught a kicker in a rough section and the bike swapped out , high sided and drilled my bicep, shoulder area into the ground. Knew right away it was broke. Leave it to me to be the odd rarity ! lol

I'll be back!

Heal quickly.. sorry to hear man.

Man- that's crappy. It's early to be out for the summer. Keep yourself busy! You're not alone, my buddy did himself in last week as well. Torn ACL. The entire group I put together, has already disbanded, basically. We had an injury, another one chickened out, another can't ride because of work, one guy gets injured and it looks like I'm the only one left. Again....

I'm close to you.. in Strongsville. Van-pool to Beans!

Sucks Dave, sorry to hear. Get healed up for Vet Fest maybe?

I will know tomorrow, or at least if the doc thinks it will heal before that. From what I have read online I should be good to go in 4 - 6 weeks. Guess it depends on how bad I broke it. I plan on going for sure !!! No excuses out of me, I dont want to get added to the excuse list rocket started ! LOL

Sounds like ya took a digger Dave, what section?
Jamartin, how’s that leg doing?

After the triple in the straight before the left hander, it got a little rough and I caught a bump just the wrong way. It kicked me and I couldnt get my weight off the bars enough before it started to swap. Game over !

Back