How 'bout Texas.....

PitRacer

PR Founding Father
That was some good racing. Bummer for Musquin that was a brutal hit. Anyone got vid of that?

BIG bummer for Dungey too, he was smoking those guys. Guess he rode it a little too hard though and used up too much gas. Will be interesting to see if there is a bigger tank on the zooks from now on....

Windham smoking another Honda motor? What the heck is going on?

Reed....dude is on it.

BIG bummer for Dungey too, he was smoking those guys. Guess he rode it a little too hard though and used up too much gas. Will be interesting to see if there is a bigger tank on the zooks from now on....
Reed....dude is on it.

Don't assume he ran out of gas, just sayin'
bruce
PS On the positive side, Ryan sits in 4th and is only 7 points out of second, and it is a long season.

Lol dungey just can't catch a break. I could not believe that happened to him. Did he run out of gas? And wtf is up with that Yamaha? Two riders have pulled out of a race now saying bad bike set up. How can pour el and bubba ride that hard and then jut all the sudden quit? That looked like a nice track btw

Im just glad that the racing has moved outdoors. The nationals are way more exciting to me. Its gonna be an epic season. Im still hoping the #2 kawasaki picks up the pace. Or just gets better starts.

yea, I wonder if the bike just got a tad bit too hot. Evidently it didn't sieze up, he was pushing it back to the truck.

But seriously, suzuki needs to get their stuff straight, it doesn't look good on the company with him having mechanical failures in 3 races this year already! I know they build these bikes to the limit to last only for that specific race day, but come on...You gotta have a reliable bike these days or you're screwed.

Yeah nothing better I'm sure than being the number one rider having to push a 450 back to the truck after riding that moto.

And I am te opposite I love watching supercross but I just can't get into out doors. I think supercross is way more exciting but I am enjoying the outdoor season so far and the racing has been good.

But seriously, suzuki needs to get their stuff straight, it doesn't look good on the company with him having mechanical failures in 3 races this year already! I know they build these bikes to the limit to last only for that specific race day, but come on...You gotta have a reliable bike these days or you're screwed.

Suzuki???? The one "mechanical" was a derailed chain due to a damaged chain guide after contact with another rider. Dude how many blown up Hondas have there been so far this season? Every year Honda has by far the most mechanical issues, but people still buy them and rave about their reliability.

I still don't think there was any type of engine failure on Dungey's bike. Bruce why would you say he DIDN'T run out of gas? The only other thing I could think of was some sort of electrical failure. Bike make no smoke, nothing, just quit. Windhams CRF was smokin' like Fidel Castro before he pulled off....

As for those Yamahas....Millsaps looks pretty darn good on his.

Pit: If we count the chain derailment as a mechanical, Ryan has had 3 now. The chain, the grenaded tranny, and the Texas incident.
We will go with this as why I believe it was not simply ran out of fuel; from Racer-X, " Dungey a big lead and what seemed to be a sure overall. Until his bike quit. With two laps to go, Dungey started slowing, and then soon his bike let go altogether. Reed, some 25 seconds behind, rolled through to take the lead and the win, while Dungey was left to push his bike off. Dungey’s team said they were not yet sure what had gone wrong with the bike.

No gas would be a easy answer for the team. Also, there are reports that Ryan checked his fuel and continued to kick the bike. He has been racing long enough that he knows the bike has to have gas in the tank.

bruce

No idea, is that what the word is now -- boiling fuel? These 4-strokes make everything so complicated.....

I thought it was interesting that Dungey did a 25 minute moto and his mechanic walked beside him as he pushed the bike lol

That's what I was wondering. Why was he pushing? Considering this isn't te first time he had a issue this season I'm suorised he did not just throw the bike on the ground and spit on it. How about villapoto struggling? Hd hardly was mentored last race I forgot he existed

That track looked brutal to me , especially in the heat and humidity . Maybe tougher than Hangtown . If only they had used rice hulls instead of sand ! Craig impressed me a lot and so did Millsaps . Pourcel pulling off because the bike setup wasn't right and giving valuable points away ? Can't figure that one .

How about Gallo posting 28th ? second moto !!!!
they even mentioned him for a second. they showed him go through a corner, emig said your watching tony gallo. lol. thought that was cool. too bad you dont get points for anything after 20th. i think they should change the point format.

That's what I was wondering. Why was he pushing? Considering this isn't te first time he had a issue this season I'm suorised he did not just throw the bike on the ground and spit on it. How about villapoto struggling? Hd hardly was mentored last race I forgot he existed

i can tell you that I would NOT be pushing that bike solo...at least assist by pushing the rear fender Goose! I can name a bunch of riders that would have thrown that bike down and spit on it....but not Dungey. He's classy like that. Thats a big reason why I like him so much.

Boiling fuel is not likely because they insulate the bottoms of the tanks for outdoors. If it did boil, it oxegenates causing air to enter the injector & as a result, limited combustion. If you've ever turned off a pan on the stove of boiling water, it stops boiling instantly. The minute the bike stalled, it would have started again within a few moments. My thought is the fuel pump, much like what Pit said. Electrical failure. The pressure on an injected bike is high and it looked like it was failing a few laps prior. Who really knows, it could've been something as simple a failing spark. Whatever, Suzukis suck. :)

Dung still got 8th overall...Reed is really impressive,I loved how all the HONDA guys were cheering for him and waving their shirts in the air...When only a few months ago NOBODY wanted to sign REED.....Dung and REED might team up next year...Same team on Honda's...You heard it here First?

Back