How 'bout Texas.....

I bet Dungey will be back with Decoster and riding a KTM next year... Dungey has talent but Decoster makes good riders great with his mentoring.

Suzuki???? The one "mechanical" was a derailed chain due to a damaged chain guide after contact with another rider. Dude how many blown up Hondas have there been so far this season? Every year Honda has by far the most mechanical issues, but people still buy them and rave about their reliability.

I still don't think there was any type of engine failure on Dungey's bike. Bruce why would you say he DIDN'T run out of gas? The only other thing I could think of was some sort of electrical failure. Bike make no smoke, nothing, just quit. Windhams CRF was smokin' like Fidel Castro before he pulled off....

As for those Yamahas....Millsaps looks pretty darn good on his.

Well an OEM suzuki I'm sure would last a lot longer than Dungey's stuff. The general public is too stupid to realize that the factory teams build bikes and punch them out to last for one race day only.

Every race bike off the show room floor is reliable these days, I'd buy any one of them. General fan base think they are getting dungey's bike when they buy one...definitely not the case.

I want to know what happened to his bike. I can't imagine them running out of gas, I'm sure they know exactly how far they can make it on the amount of fuel they put in those things.

None of this was happening when ole RD was running the team...

i can tell you that I would NOT be pushing that bike solo...at least assist by pushing the rear fender Goose! I can name a bunch of riders that would have thrown that bike down and spit on it....but not Dungey. He's classy like that. Thats a big reason why I like him so much.

I thought maybe he was not allowed to have any help pushing it to the finish line for an extra lap for points??
Maybe a rule thing.

I remember being at Kenworthy when McGrath blew up his peak Kawi. Threw it on the ground and walked away. Later the Mechanics showed up and said."Bad Boy!, lets go home bike"

I agree, I thought it was for points to cross the finish line and that is why he was not getting assistance. Goose is a class act, and would have pushed the thing if he could, for sure if he thought it was something he did not take care of on "his" bike. Most of these mechanics take way too much pride in their bikes to want anything to happen like that. I think it was a fuel injector or something, since it died and acted as if it was not getting any fuel. Can anyone say bring back carbs??

As for Reed, he is impressive in SX and MX. His consistancy week in and week out is always there. And he is very humble these days on the podium about it. Not sure why anyone would not root for him lately.

How about the one rider, I think it was Tommy Hahn? He said his "gas tank broke" and fuel was spillout out. Crazy stuff!

was down in texas last week delivering a load of gas line pipe down towards laredo nicole costantinis uncle was in the truck behind me, we just get done talking about the race in texas and look up to see a semi on an exit ramp looking at his atlas like he was lost, the cool part was the side of the trailer saying Two Two motorsports or whatever on it, kinda cool seeing reeds big rig on the side of the road haha

Every race bike off the show room floor is reliable these days, I'd buy any one of them. General fan base think they are getting dungey's bike when they buy one...definitely not the case.

Whens the last time you bought a new bike? The new fuel injected bikes are causing a lot of problems to the general public that is buying them. And the manufacturers (well, Honda I know for sure) isn't standing behind their product. More off to the side.. and pretending the problem isn't really a problem.

My 2010 CRF450 now fills the crankcase with gas every ride. Hondas excuse "you aren't riding the bike hard enough so the rings aren't sealing properly"

Yeah.... thats it. For 20 hours it was fine and now I'm not riding hard enough. :confused: If you take a jump over to thumpertalk you will find lots of other people with the same problem. Yami's are doing the same thing from what I've read.

Anyways yeah it looked like Dungey ran out of gas but apparently that wasn't the case. Good race though, glad I finally go the time to watch it last night.

Its turning into NASCAR. They only want you putting 3 hours on that engine before you do a total rebuild. How's come the fuel injection in my 06 gsxr600 Suzuki crotch rocket hasn't failed in 19000 miles ? Come to think...nothing failed.clutch is great and I used to slip that baby out at 10.5-16.5 rpm religiously through gears and even worse when I was about to stand it up on one....

Crute...jud....them were the days. Jud would take his to the rev limiter...bouncing wawawawawawaw...dump...wheelie. So to say Suzuki isn't reliable...that's false. It's the public that is stupid.

Looks like Suzuki is saying fuel boiled/ran out after all.....

Scroll down to the interview with Mike Webb

http://www.motocrossactionmag.com/Main/News/MOTOCROSS-ACTIONS-MIDWEEK-REPORT-7922.aspx

Here's an interesting point also. Tell me again about those non-reliable Suzukis please. Especially while the Hondas are smoking to a stop with fluids pouring from them.

What MXA story did you have problems with?
On the "15 Things We Know About Freestone After The Fact," the opening paragraphs talks about all these mechanical issues we've been having. They weren't mechanical issues. The thrown chain in Supercross was a contact issue. The broken case in Daytona was a rock entering the sprocket. The mystery engine at Freestone was a fuel issue. I wasn't really happy about the way that was addressed. But I'll take that. When you say it's a mechanical issue, it implies that Goose isn't putting something together right, or that we have durability issue with our parts, but we don't.

Fuel issue still could be a pump, injector, harness, ect. I still think they would have said "it ran out of gas" because it sounds less damaging. I dont think it makes them any less reliable though, stuff happens ! Like others said , look at Honda !

Did you read the full interview?

On lap15 of 16 it came through the headphones that he was rolling to a stop, and we were just in disbelief. We went back and checked it and sure enough the fuel had vaporized, boiled, and that's what caused the bike to stop. Actually, Metty's bike ran out of gas from the podium to the truck after the second moto. So we were really bummed.

But, everything happens for a reason. I have larger tanks being made and we're looking at different options with our fuel mixture and things like that. That's usually how things go in racing. Things go wrong, and then you address it, and you don't have the issue again. That's where we are with this.

Back