Bill480 Hurt?

PitRacer

PR Founding Father
Saw someone down at Apple Cabin tonight, was a CRF #480 on it....was that you Bill480? Rumor was collarbone break....

Whoever it was, wish you the best!

Yea that was me.. Rebroke the same collarbone I broke june 3rd last year. Have to get myself back to the orthapedist today. Summer in a sling again oh joy! Not even sure what happened. I think I cross rutted and got ejected.

Wow, that’s unfortunate Bill…..same side?
Good luck at the Doc today…keeping fingers crossed it’s not too bad.

Wow, that’s unfortunate Bill…..same side?
Good luck at the Doc today…keeping fingers crossed it’s not too bad.
Yea same side. Can see the plate thats in there now pushing up against my skin. It broke right at the end ofthe the plate I think.

Wow, poor guy.

The surgeon is not gonna be happy with you messing up their good work.
Those in the medical field probably don't have the highest regards for dirt biker riders and racers.

Seems like the injury rate is up in the past year. More than usual ya think?

Doc cant see me till monday.. Should of just toughed it out and went into work I guess. Guys in the medical field love us and our $$$.

good luck man bummer to here. i got a plate and 6 screws and dread the day i wreck on that collarbone real hard.. luckily ive just manged to break the other side 3 times and just that 1 bad side the 1 time that required surgery lol

Sorry to hear about anyone in a bad get-off....

I'm in the medical field and ride/race..... My excellent insurance coverage hates me...lol.

I drove him home, he actually was unconcious for a little bit- maybe a minute or so. He was in a hell of alot of pain. Nice kid- we just met, to go run Cabin & that place is fast and fun. Five minutes before he went down, I crashed coming out of the woods and broke my back. Yep, drove him home, me & the family home, took a shower and went to get checked out. It wasn't long before I was being transported to Metro where the trauma team was all over me. I broke a vertebrae in my back and THANK GOD, I can walk, no surgery or brace. It's a stable break, but I'm out too.

Very lucky, both of us.
That's not how our first ride was supposed to go...

Yeah, Bill480 is a cool kid and I'm thrilled to be able to be discharged and walking. It's a little bit of a wake up call.
I'll be talking to Bill periodically, it looks we'll both be fine. Again, THANK GOD.

Sucks that we both wrecked. not a good day for us thats for sure. Maybe we try, this again in a couple months!

Holy crap Paul! I had no idea! I thought I saw you there but then couldn't find you later, had no idea you went down!

If you go to a good surgeon you don't need a plate and screws. Only one doctor in Ohio would touch me with a rod instead of a plate...

And was your crash on the second double?

Well I ended up going to the er for a bit today.. 2 fractured ribs and a 50% collapsed lung. They are trying to tell me that my collar bone isnt broken. I can move it around with my finger lol. anways im gonna pray that they are right even though im almost positive they arent. Took 10 xrays of my ribs and one shot of the collar bone. I guess Ill find out for sure on monday when I see the orthapedic surgeon.

If you go to a good surgeon you don't need a plate and screws. Only one doctor in Ohio would touch me with a rod instead of a plate...

And was your crash on the second double?

The first time I broke it it was broken in 3 places and my right shoulder was sunken in about 2 inches.. I looked pretty weird.

And I think it was after landing the second double. Sun glare meant I couldnt see anything.. Maybe if someone saw it happen they can chime in. all I remember is waking up on the ground.

Well I shattered my collerbone on the second double as well. Seems like a lot of ppl crashing on that second double

But the guy I go/went to for shoulder and collerbone injuries is one of the best in Ohio and graduated from Harvard... only like 37 years old. He actually over qualified for fixing collerbones lol his name is Dr. Gobezie

Back