starting off

what would be the best class to start racing on a crf 250r

If you're fresh off the boat, you can run 250 C. If you've never raced before....

You can sign up for any class if you meet the requirements. Most have AGE/CC requirements. Example: Schoolboy 12-15 124-249cc, Collegeboy 16-24 124cc-449cc.

general rule of Classifications:

A- Expert
B- Intermediate
C- Beginner

If you're fresh off the boat, you can run 250 C. If you've never raced before....

You can sign up for any class if you meet the requirements. Most have AGE/CC requirements. Example: Schoolboy 12-15 124-249cc, Collegeboy 16-24 124cc-449cc.

general rule of Classifications:

A- Expert
B- Intermediate
C- Beginner

C if you have never races before? But yet you say any class if you meet the requirements? What if he has raced before but still meets the requirements to race C? If you do not know the real rules than you prob shouldnt be giving class advise to anyone. Just saying george.

I say race the classthat will best fit your racing style, If your new to a big bike even if you haved raced before then race C if you feel your fast enough then race B but not everyone starts off in B no matter what some may say.

I'm from cleveland so I'm guna race cra but I've rode plenty of tracks on my crf and I raced mx on quads for. Several years in d12 and cra

I completely agree with Georgie.

#23...If he had raced before, he prolly wouldn't be asking "what would be the best class to start racing on a crf 250r". Even if he raced mini's before, he'd prolly have an idea of the class structure regarding A,B, and C.

Race your first race in C class if you arent sure. If you place top 5 I'd move to B, it will make you a better rider.

#23, Georgie......Don't start beating that dead horse again please !! LOL

Race your first race in C class if you arent sure. If you place top 5 I'd move to B, it will make you a better rider.

#23, Georgie......Don't start beating that dead horse again please !! LOL

LOL no that horse has had enough, But I have learned you can race as many as 5 non AMA B classes and if you dont do well then you can write Kip at the AMA and tell them your getting smoked and they will drop you back down to C to run for LL. LOL this comes straight from AMA so who are we to say who can run C or not?

I completely agree with Georgie.

#23...If he had raced before, he prolly wouldn't be asking "what would be the best class to start racing on a crf 250r". Even if he raced mini's before, he'd prolly have an idea of the class structure regarding A,B, and C.

Exactly.

Scott, moving up to a bigger bike does not make you a C rider in that class. If you finish in the top percentage of the supermini class you should advance to B class.... Unless you wrote Kip and said you got smoked???

But good luck at Red Bud.

Ha ha ha with your galloping , trippity trop....

Just saying. Scotty is a pretty quick supermini rider, hardly qualifies for C class. But whatever.

250C dude. Its my class, I race at Malvern. The main thing I can say is that racing isn't like the sunday track practice, its competitive, be prepared for everything and strive for a good start. Don't be afraid to get agressive if you have to, not like taking people out but getting up close and laying down the passes. How old are you bro?

Back