4yr old girl died at apple cabin today?

I was dropping my 4yr old daughter off to my mom this morning when i saw it on the news. It made me upset. It stirred emotions of mine that made me think of my lil' angel and how the parents of the girl that died must be feeling.

I am a motocross fanatic. A junkie of sorts. I love it. But I dont think my daughter will be on a motocross bike. I feel like I am betraying my best friend (best friend being motocross). A good friend of mine and his son were at Apple Cabin last night. He rides a PW50 without training wheels and is 5yrs old. I just dont know that I could handle something like that happening to the most precious thing I have in this world.....

My deepest sympathies for the family. I cannot imagine what they are going through. That is my son's favorite track. It seems like it must have been some horrible fluke or something as that track is always well monitored. Again, very sorry for their loss.

I can only imagine how horrible this child's parents must be feeling. I pray for these parents and for this child now in the arms of Jesus.

I was dropping my 4yr old daughter off to my mom this morning when i saw it on the news. It made me upset. It stirred emotions of mine that made me think of my lil' angel and how the parents of the girl that died must be feeling.

I am a motocross fanatic. A junkie of sorts. I love it. But I dont think my daughter will be on a motocross bike. I feel like I am betraying my best friend (best friend being motocross). A good friend of mine and his son were at Apple Cabin last night. He rides a PW50 without training wheels and is 5yrs old. I just dont know that I could handle something like that happening to the most precious thing I have in this world.....

Like you, how do you manage the thoughts and emotions when something that we love so dearly (riding) and that we are only trying to share and pass on that pleasure to our young ones, and then a mishap brings on a fatality.

I don't know how to speak to this?
I really felt as though words are such empty and useless offering to a tradgedy of this magnitude. And the loss has far reaching effects on us all. I too have been singlemindedly crafting my plans to bring up the newest members to our family, our grandchildren, into the sport. I rode my 17 month old granddaughter around the yard on the quad yesterday before she went home. But now even I will be forever changed and suspiscious of the risk exposing them.

We all share a bit of your pain and our sorrow runs deep to you and the folks at Apple Cabin.
NQ

I cant believe this

I am literally sick to my stomach my daughter was riding with her last week at apple cabin and we were supposed to go again last night. My heart goes out to the family.

God Speed. My thoughts and prayers are with the family. That's what none of us parents that have kids that ride and race try to never think about happening.

this is terrible news, i dont even know how to express my feelings. my heart, thoughts, and prayers go out to this little girl and her family. so sad to hear, god bless.

What terrible news and my thoughts and prayers go out to the family and those involved with this terrible accident. Godspeed little one.

This is the most tragic situation my family has delt with. We were at the cabin that night. My 6 yr old daughter came off the track moments before this happened. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family. You can go to WWW.sscfuneralhomes.com to send flowers and find funeral info. We will miss you Alexis Jones!

Tragic . I can't comprehend how you could cope with such a loss . Thankfully the media coverage I've seen so far has been considerate and respectful of the family and the entire situation .

Thank you all for the kind words. but I can barely see through my tears right now to post this. My little sister always had nothing but a smile and riding was her #1 passion.

Im not sure how to post on front page or where I can get it to more people. So if someone could for me id appriciate it.

Alexie marie jones funeral is monday 6-13-11. At shorts funeral home in streetsboro 44241. Calling hours are 10 am service 11 am.

Once again thank you to the riders and there families for the support

I cannot come up with words to describe the sympathy i'm feeling for you and your family. May god bless you all in this time. Greatly missed, but never forgotten.

alxisinmyheart- I don't know if this is Mike or Brittni but you know where to find us if you need anything!! Can't stop thinking about you and your family!!!!! Sending lots of prayers your way.

How sad... My thoughts and prayers go out to all.... The parents, I cant express how much sorrow I feel for you... And I know it is no way near what you are feeling.... I know you dont know me but if ever you need anything please feel free to ask....Frank and family you do know me and if ever there is anything I can do ..... CALL ME!!!
I will add everyone to my prayers and....

Very very sad. Was there when the accident happened. The parents weren't there at the time. My cousin was in s snowboarding accident a few months ago. He was with his friend and his friends parents in Hollimont. He was in a coma, doctors put him in one but found unconscious. It is one of the worst calls a parent has to get. 6-11-11 my 13 year old cousin went home with his friends and me. He has a long road to recovery ahead of him. My blessing go to the family.

Thanks josh. But just so no one gets the wrong idea. We were there. Im her 29 yr old brother , my dad, and grandpa were all there at the track. My daughter. Alexis. And I were riding the middle track. And the other adults were watching from the hill in the middle. When my daughter pulled off the track at far end and proceded to the pee wee track. And alexis followed her. I seen this out of the corner of my eye. And got there as fast as I could. No one will every understand the pain me and my family are going thru. This all happened in the blink of an eye. And trust me my family thanks all the riders and there familys for the support.

Back