Spring Creek, Millville Regional

Hope today is going better, any helmet cam action ??

How'd sharc do ?

SMOKED EM!!! Well at least the Marlboro's!

He's Driving or he would tell you himself.

Still under Double D protest!!!!

+30
Sharc 14th
DD 22nd
pit 29th

+35
Pit 12th OA
Double D 13th OA

+40
pit 16th
sharc 18th
DD 20th

+45
sharc 14th

+25

Randy 11th Nice Job DUUUUDe...

All business...

Attachments

• Taco Pit.jpg
    Taco Pit.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 223
3 classes, that's pretty damn impressive guys. Sounds like a weekend to remember.

Is that a track worth the 12 hour drive?

Is that a track worth the 12 hour drive?

Yes and No. YES it is worth it, but NO it's not because I would just go to Red Bud instead which is less than half the drive and I would say a little better of a track.

Millville is awesome though and I will probably go back next time they have a Regional just to race it again. I'm not sure what other events they have so that's why I say for a Regional.

They run a superb program, everything was top notch. We were done by 12:30pm on Sunday. Each day we got there the track looked like brand new again from all the work of the track crew.

They have a really cool staging setup in which they have numbers posted in order against the back wall of the starting gate area, like bike staging slots. When you go to the gate area, they just check you off and tell you what slot to go to (first moto random pick, next motos by previous finish). So when the moto on the gate starts and clears the gate, the next moto then just goes to the gate in order of their pick slot. Really slick and super efficient.

Here is the story of my weekend. Goes to prove a good point -- don't show up unprepared just winging it. I'm probably one of the most prepared racers out there in bike setup, parts, etc, but one of the least prepared in the areas that really matter -- mental & physical strength, fitness, and good practice methods. The deep ruts, sand, and bumps did a wicked number on my weak shoulder and anytime my front end twisted I could just not hold it together.

Crasher.jpg

Here is the story of my weekend. Goes to prove a good point -- don't show up unprepared just winging it. I'm probably one of the most prepared racers out there in bike setup, parts, etc, but one of the least prepared in the areas that really matter -- mental & physical strength, fitness, and good practice methods. The deep ruts, sand, and bumps did a wicked number on my weak shoulder and anytime my front end twisted I could just not hold it together.

Heartfelt confessions of a motorcycle racer.
You did it anyway, which gets you a lot of respect points in my book.

Thanks for the summary, enjoyed reading.

Pitracer, Sharc, and Double D - Looks like you had a good time there and that the track was worth the experience........ and I think with some of those finishes, you might get in as an alternate if you really want to go to Loretta Lynn's. You have to send your money in though and wait and see, if you don't get in, you don't get your money back until mid - late September after all is said and done.

Pit - 12th - Maybe
Double D - 13th Maybe
Sharc 14th Maybe

It all depends on how many alternates they need this year based on how many people are going to go. People with worse finishes have made it in before.

Back