BC 6-25 & Monster Energy 6-26

Thanks everyone, I dont think it could have went anymore perfect. We watered just enough, that combined with the drizzle, then the sun, made ofr an epic-cliff outing. Saturday was rougher/better, but sunday was far behind, it was down one notch on the chop that Saturday had. Talk about beat, wow, i feel like we just started riding in March.

Did the finishline Sunday Chuck, 4th pinned on the pig. First few were'nt pretty at all.

Sorry Richie its just not in the cards this year. First off, I negotiated what was probably a once in a lifetime deal with my full time employer last year. And I got lucky, because when they agreed to do it, we were very slow. But now we are pretty busy. After it all went down, it was pretty much a choice of the job, or keep tuesdays. Tuesdays did well, but not well enough for me to quit my job. And secondly, talk about a rat race. I was prepping tracks fri-tues. in most cases. It was a long rough year.

In short, we could go back to that schedule if I could afford to quit my job, and that is not a reality.

Did the finishline Sunday Chuck, 4th pinned on the pig. First few were'nt pretty at all.

Nice dude. Let me guess, came up short the first two times? That's impossible to believe yet I see dudes pin it after the second table over and over again.

Which brings up a great topic. How to jump a new obstacle? I hate taking the first couple hard hits so I like to follow someone over the big ones. Some people can watch others and just go do it. Some overjump the first time. Some just go do it. The Leap is a great example. Getting that wrong the first time might not work out for you. I read an interview with Reed and even he follows someone over the Leap every year.

On the pig........This being your quad? Or did you trade your YZ for an 4-stroke?
Describe "not pretty at all".
Any pucker factor?

On the quad.

I still got the Yz 250. Trails need to dry a smidge.

Not real short, just on the edge, I could stand to go another 5 feet. Super nose high the first time. I was nowhere near forward enough. I landed all out of whack, just about took the bars from my hands and tried to pitch me off the back. The next time was a little better, but same deal pinned and the buckle of my pants to the cross bar pad the whole way up the face. I'm just not comfortable jumping this thing pinned yet. I need to work on it. Hopefully i can lose 10 pounds over the next three weeks, and maybe I can get over it easier.

I dont mind follow someone to guage speed, but I never try something for the first time right behind someone, thats scares the he11 out of me. I personally think you just know. I usually wait until the track gets super dry and fast, and usually I will jump 3/4 of the way without a ton of effort (it just happens), then I know the time has come. The next lap, I will just cruise and try to do everything perfect to keep my nerve. Then I usually tell myself, "you only live once", and thats it, time to sh!t or get off the pot.

I must say, the bikes make it look so effortless. I feel like I'm trying it on a 400lbs 150f.

Track was nice on sunday. Not complaining one bit. But maybe a little on the riders on the track at the same time as me that decide not to jump right at the face or when they roll they decide to switch sides on the landing. I seen a few ppl almost get hurt because of that. I was wondering if you were going to do the A/B then C and 85's on the big track?

Track was nice on sunday. Not complaining one bit. But maybe a little on the riders on the track at the same time as me that decide not to jump right at the face or when they roll they decide to switch sides on the landing. I seen a few ppl almost get hurt because of that. I was wondering if you were going to do the A/B then C and 85's on the big track?

I can understand being upset with people switching lines on jumps, but someone deciding not to jump last second shouldn't be a problem. Things happen as you approach a jump and you may have to back out last second. If that causes the guy behind to wreck, the back rider was doing something wrong (especially at a practice day)....IMO.

its not so much the approaching a jump its the crossing over that is a little scary. I seen many ocassions and me being one of them where a quad decided to go from the right all the way to the left!! it was really scary!!!

I'm just not comfortable jumping this thing pinned yet.

I used to be comfortable doing that, but that was 10, 15, 20 years ago. Now not so much any more. Too many trips over the bars in the past couple years. Just gotta be able to seperate your nutsack from your brain!

Back