Ironic Street Bike Fatality

I can understand the freedom of choice but I cant understand taking the chance of dying when it is so easy to protect your head.

I think also some people dont wear one just because they are told they should, that is a real tragedy

I can't even imagine not wearing a helmet. Part of me agrees it should be a riders choice, but I also agree with the comments saying "don't let them get a cent of my tax dollars when they do smash their brains!"

I also support the freedom to choose wether or not to wear a helment, but don't understand why more people don't choose to wear them. I don't ride on the street myself, but I doubt I would ever come close to feeling comfortable without some sort of gear on. Look at how much gear we all wear when we jump on our motocross bikes! I would never through a leg over my bike without my full gear on (pants, jersey, gloves, boots, knee braces, chest protector, helmet, goggles, etc.). Why dont more road riders think like that? Is the "wind in your hair" B.S. really worth it?

I've always said that people that wear helmets should at least get a discount on their insurance, then if you get in a wreck and you don't have a helmet on your insurance is void!

I always wear mine on the street with full padded leather jacket even in 90 temperatures...

i won't get on a motorcycle without one. not because i dont trust myself but because i dont trust anyone else.

thats a good idea on the insurance thing greg.. too bad thatll probably never happen.

The fact that someone would choose not to wear a helmet proves that they are not intellegent enough to make that choice.

wow. how silly. i really dont understand this. its a law to wear seatbelts, but some states dont have a law to wear helmets.

With Earth's population far surpassing what it can sustainably support I fully support not having a helmet law, I also would like to see the seat belt law repealed. Seems like an easy way to thin the herd and remove some people from the gene pool who should not be allowed to reproduce.

It is amazing to see a biker all bundled up in the spring or fall when the temperature is low. They have all kinds of clothing on, face mask, scarf, glasses and all... wearing a helmet keeps my head and face really warm. I guess it is their form of protest...

With Earth's population far surpassing what it can sustainably support I fully support not having a helmet law, I also would like to see the seat belt law repealed. Seems like an easy way to thin the herd and remove some people from the gene pool who should not be allowed to reproduce.

cant say i really disagree much with that..

In the electrical industry the codes are changing making it rediculously expensive for us to wire new houses because of it. We need to put tamper proof rec in every opening of the house now, the same ones we are required to use when we wire day care centers.

The government figured that a total of 2500 children went to the doctor for sticking stuff in sockets in a year. Think about this, how many hundreds of thousands of children are in the USA, and in a 365 day year only 2500 kids got hurt. Now EVERY SINGLE new home built in the USA needs to spend an average of $600 more, regardless if a child lives there or not.

It is my belief that the government is on the path of trying to prove the theory of "survival of the fittest" incorrect

No reason why you can't wear a skid-lid. If I had the choice between the two, I wouldn't wear on the dirt before I wouldn't wear one on the pavement! Too bad i'd never ride on the dirt without a skid-lid.

Dirt is alot softer than pavement. Too risky for me though...

I'm all for wearing helmets, but I despise a government requiring you to do so for your own good. Adults should have the freedom to take whatever risks with their own life they choose, so long as they are not endangering others. A government that says you must wear certain safety gear "for your own protection" can also begin banning your favoite motorsports as presenting a high risk of personal injury.

I've also heard the arguments about helmetless riders causing increased insurance rates, and there is more data to suggest that dead riders are less of a drain on the system than those kept alive from safety gear.

Promote the use of safety gear but be careful about what you request government to mandate under law, as the same government that can make you wear a helmet can ban any other activities it percieves as "too dangerous" for your own good.

I forget the president who said it but it goes something like

' A government big enough to give you everything you need is big enough to take everything away '

I always wore my helmet on my street rocket. mainly i felt comfortable with it and secondly I don't understand how anyone going over 50mph can stand the damn wind noise in their ears.

I can help you narrow it down.........it was a republican! :)

I do believe he was a member of the "Democratic-Republican" party at this time in history. Believed in smaller federal gov't and larger state gov't. He was ________________. Answer daily double?

Back