Ironic Street Bike Fatality

I do believe he was a member of the "Democratic-Republican" party at this time in history. Believed in smaller federal gov't and larger state gov't. He was ________________. Answer daily double?

Good catch. I just cheated (Google) and found that it was Thomas Jefferson. Smart fella.

I agree with some others on here, Wear your helmet it is good for you.
Regardless of how safe and experienced you are, You can't trust other drivers, Dogs, Birds, Groundhogs, Deer, Tire blow out, Chain break, Timing chain, Rod, Crank......

That being said, I don't agree with the laws mandating it. I know this is contradicting, but I Think everyone should wear a seat belt too! I just don't agree that the Government should be encroaching on my civil rights, by making laws to make it happen. Just like, "Not turning on headlights when your wipers are on." Doesn't matter if its sunny and just a quick spring shower, You can get a ticket for that now. Also bicycle helmet laws have been passed by certain Cities I think Columbus recently mandated this. This Seems too big brother too me. So I hope you can see my point of view on this Comrades. Please, do be safe! Just be free to do so.

We are slowly loosing our civil liberties by the erosion of good intentions. People may have all the best thoughts in mind when pursuing these bills, too keep us safe or whatever, but the loss of our constitution is a cost that is far too great, and loosing our freedom, "even little ones here and there" is not a replacement for lack of common sense.

I just think it is sad that someone lost their life trying to prove it while standing up for what they believe in.
Just my 2 cents!!!

I agree with some others on here, Wear your helmet it is good for you.
Regardless of how safe and experienced you are, You can't trust other drivers, Dogs, Birds, Groundhogs, Deer, Tire blow out, Chain break, Timing chain, Rod, Crank......

That being said I don't agree with the laws mandating it. I know this is contradicting, but I Think everyone should wear a seat belt too! I just don't agree that the Government should be encroaching on my civil rights by making laws to make it happen. Just like not turning on headlights when your wipers are on. You can get a ticket for that know. Also bicycle helmet laws Per certain Cities I think Columbus recently mandated this. This Seems too big brother too me. So I hope you can see my point of view on this Comrade.

We are slowly loosing our civil liberties by the erosion of good intentions. People may have all the best intentions when pursuing these bills, too keep us safe or whatever, but the loss of our constitution is not a replacement for lack of common sense.
Just my 2 cents!!!

I have been riding street bikes for over 20 years and have rarely ever worn a helmet. After reding this post I feel very guilty about not wearing one. I also feel very lucky to have never gone down on one too. I will wear a helmet from now on because almost every single rider on here does and would use a helmet on the street. My reasons for not wearing one were petty compared to the safety my cranium has when covered by a helmet. Thanks for showing me the right thing to do as a rider and father of a rider soon to have a drivers licence.

I have been riding street bikes for over 20 years and have rarely ever worn a helmet. After reding this post I feel very guilty about not wearing one. I also feel very lucky to have never gone down on one too. I will wear a helmet from now on because almost every single rider on here does and would use a helmet on the street. My reasons for not wearing one were petty compared to the safety my cranium has when covered by a helmet. Thanks for showing me the right thing to do as a rider and father of a rider soon to have a drivers licence.

Way to go!

Right On Mike!!!!

Back