What bike is better?

It all matters so much on you, but let me ask some baseline questions that will help the folks give you their opinion.
1: What kind of riding experience do you have?
2: What bike do you ride now, or last bike owned?
3: What type of riding/racing do you plan on doing?
4: Who works on your bike?
5: Is cost of ownership a concern, ie. could you afford $200 on a engine repair, could you afford $1200 or more on an engine repair?
6: How old are you?

not really going to say which is better because it all depends on what others mentioned above.. but a closer bike in comparison would be the ktm 150sx.... that is an AWESOME bike.

1. I have been riding for 9 years now
2-crf80f
3- grand prix, motocross, mostly motocross
4-me, grandfather, other mechanics like Dave Kakmar or however you spell it.
5-300-500 dollar repair
6- I am 14
It all matters so much on you, but let me ask some baseline questions that will help the folks give you their opinion.
1: What kind of riding experience do you have?
2: What bike do you ride now, or last bike owned?
3: What type of riding/racing do you plan on doing?
4: Who works on your bike?
5: Is cost of ownership a concern, ie. could you afford $200 on a engine repair, could you afford $1200 or more on an engine repair?
6: How old are you?

i say go with the 2 stroke. it will teach you how to ride a big bike better than jumping on that 250f prior to ever riding a big bike....

i say go with the 2 stroke. it will teach you how to ride a big bike better than jumping on that 250f prior to ever riding a big bike....

Agreed!!! you will be a better rider for it, plus it will make life alot easier on your dad and grandpa for the repairs. All dirt bikes are ticking time bombs but when the bomb goes off a 2 stroke can be rebuilt and riding again in the same day and it costs alot less to rebuild.

not necessarily.. i went from an 85 to a 250f. never rode a 2stroke big bike. when i had my 85 i was riding at my house on our 450 also. i never had issues with learning how to handle a 4stroke big bike. in my opinion it would actually be easier to get a 4stroke than a 2stroke because on a 125 you're gonna have to ride it harder than you would on a 250f to keep the power there..

in my opinion it would actually be easier to get a 4stroke than a 2stroke because on a 125 you're gonna have to ride it harder than you would on a 250f to keep the power there..

Exactly why it will make him a better rider ! Learn throttle control , flow and momentum much better on a 125 than a 4 stk. The bike is lighter and easier to handle as well.

I have been on a 2stroke since i've been riddin. i just never really got in to 4strokes, braaaaaap long live 2strokes i knew people would come back to them. i hear so many people say there going back to them great to see!

Any brand Japanese 125 would be best! ;) This will result in less cost, the best platform for learning and most importantly the most fun.
Let us all know what you end up with...

Ok I'll quit being a grouch and give my advice, just wore out on the 2 vs 4, brand vs brand stuff. I say if possible put your feet on some pegs and hands on some grips. Firsthand experience is the best way to form an opinion.

glad to see you step out of the shadows every once in a long while volk

Well...I am embarrasingly slow and have a 450. I just bought an 04 RM125 that is being rebuilt and turned into a 144 so that hopefully I can learn to turn better. Corner speed=confidence=ability to clear more jumps. IMHO the 2 stroke will make you a more gooder better rider in the long run.

And they smell GREAT!

http://www.motocrossactionmag.com/M...DYS-MANIFESTO-OF-AN-UNREPENTANT-TWO-7970.aspx

"Imagine that I told you that a motorcycle manufacturer was working on a revolutionary engine design for 2013 that was eight pounds lighter, revved quicker, produced ten more horsepower (per quarter liter), had one-tenth the moving parts, was cheap to produce, cost less to maintain and could be rebuilt for a quarter of the price of your four-stroke? Would you be interested?"

Back