Reed's Crash

Well, Pro's and cons with both these:

Henry way higher
Reed sailing freely without a bike.
Henry landed on the bike so the suspension soaked up a small amount of the force
Reed landing on the down sloping side of the side of jump which I'm sure soaked up way more force than Henry's 1995 250 Flat landing.

Reed rides away
Henry fractures vertebrae

Survey says DING --- Henry.

Reeds was nasty as well, but in the scope of things I think Henry drew the shorter straw!

Hey we can add to the debate.....he wasnt hurt as bad because he wasn't wearing a neck brace, where's barrington for a comment......This thread will go on forever if we add that to the debate. Henry got the short end of the straw.

another thing to add to reeds crash is that he got our sport on ESPN. i seen it on Jim Rome yesterday. its sad to say that the only time our sport gets attention from ESPN is when something bad like that happens. i think ESPN should give MX more attention (other then the X games) id much rather watch MX any day over nascar or some of the other lame sports they show on there. MX actually takes skills unlike drivivng a car around a circle track all day long. i think ESPN could take our sport to a whole nother level. what do you guys think?

Give it up bro.....I agree with you to a point, however you can't say driving a car at 190+ within inches of another car for 2+ hours without crashing doesn't take skill. Ever drove a car over 190 MPH? Over 140? Things come at ya a little bit faster than at 75 MPH.....

Don't get me wrong, I'd take MX over NASCAR anyday...wait, I do...., but it's all about the numbers. Besides, almost everyone drives a car and feels they can do it better than anyone and if given the chance, could be the next Dale Earnhardt. However not everyone rides an MX bike of 120ft jumps, etc. Not enough peeps to relate. Our sport is viewed as an extreme sport because the only real press we get is when something "extreme" happens. Never much about the other 5234 laps.....

Anywho.....anyone have a motor for a 2007 KX450? ;)

reeds crash was not that bad, it just looked intense. if you looked at the height he actually fell its not bad, and he had a soft landing. anyone of us woulda walked away from that.

Are you kidding me?? "Not that bad".....your way off on that comment in my opinion. He was hauling ass when he was going up the face of that jump, and was very high. You ever jump off a roof that is 15 foot high? I did not think so. It is much higher than you think. Reed I am sure has had many nasty crashes over his whole career, and he said that was the hardest crash he has ever had. I think your way off base on your thoughts about his wreck.

He landed on the sloping part off the side of the jump. Gotta agree with Jud. He also landed feet first so no need to bring the neck brace comments into this thread....

Not that bad ??? LOL they said 40' off the flat at his highest point. Yes he landed on a slope, and yes he landed 8-10 ' up the slope but that is still 25 - 30 ' he fell !!! You guys are crazy ! I doubt many here would have walked away. Not seriously injured but not walked away and certainly not rode in that moto. That is called being in great physical condition. Strong muscles protect bones.

I agree with John, he has had a number of bad crashes, for example the one where he endoed into the face of the jump in the sx season. That was nasty. Reed said this was the worst for him.

Maybe you guys are tougher than Reed , guess it really isnt that bad !

If Reed were to get hurt from that we would all be saying it was one of the nastiest crash's of all time. He's lucky, it could have been a career ending.

reeds crash was not that bad, it just looked intense. if you looked at the height he actually fell its not bad, and he had a soft landing. anyone of us woulda walked away from that.

are you kidding me?? look at the angle it shows from the rear and throw in he was going at least 50mph when he hit the ground. the only reason he walked away is because he landed where he did, a few feet more and who knows how it would have turned out... if you guys think that wasnt bad i would LOVE to see the crashes you have been in to make that look like it wasnt...

Back