Reed's Crash

are you kidding me?? look at the angle it shows from the rear and throw in he was going at least 50mph when he hit the ground. the only reason he walked away is because he landed where he did, a few feet more and who knows how it would have turned out... if you guys think that wasnt bad i would LOVE to see the crashes you have been in to make that look like it wasnt...

We need a like button. Your comments are right on the money. Those two guys are smokin crack if they really think that crash was "not that big of a deal".......definitely could have been a career ending wreck. Happy he rode away. He must be in incredible condition right now.

If Reed were to get hurt from that we would all be saying it was one of the nastiest crash's of all time. He's lucky, it could have been a career ending.

Agree. It wasn't that bad 'cause he didn't get hurt, but until I knew he wasn't hurt I was freaking out.

BTW, he wasn't going 50 mph.......

We need a like button. Your comments are right on the money. Those two guys are smokin crack if they really think that crash was "not that big of a deal".......definitely could have been a career ending wreck. Happy he rode away. He must be in incredible condition right now.

I meant it wasn't a big deal compared to Henry's. Yeah that crash sucked and made me cringe and I'm sure it didn't feel good at all. Guess I shouldn't of chimed in on the Henry bandwagon!!

Both crashes were nasty, are they comparable??????? NO.... NO, Henry flat-landed an obstacle that was never intended to be jumped, Reed was bucked off a face of a jump and was ejected from his bike!!!!!! Both were gnarly and forever will be remembered in this sport we all love. My $.02 is Reed's speed was 48.675 mph

However fast he was going he was hauling ass when he hit the face of that jump. My guess is he is actually running faster than what you think.

NAH, That wasn't that bad, anyone could do that!?!?....
Just like the the jumps don't look that big on TV, or from the side of the track either? Then when you actually stand at the bottom face of a jump it sure looks different. HA HA!!!
I would think reeds crash would be about equal to jumping off the roof of a commercial building, say like a Target, or Walmart, or a Warehouse. I don't care how you look at it, landing on a downside of slope Ain't Gonna convince me to do it.
Although as bad as that was, or could have been, he was very fortunate that he landed where, and how, he did.
Reedy keeps on impressing, But still a long way from being my favorite.

Chad REED. WIKI- First person to be shot out of a Circus Cannon without a net, Canon or a Circus

I meant it wasn't a big deal compared to Henry's. Yeah that crash sucked and made me cringe and I'm sure it didn't feel good at all. Guess I shouldn't of chimed in on the Henry bandwagon!!

Yea, Henrys crash was just insane! the guy just fell from the sky it seemed, I cant even imagine...

the only reason he walked away is because he landed where he did, a few feet more and who knows how it would have turned out...

my point exactly. he didnt go those few more feet, so he walked away like any of us would have. the wreck itself was not bad, just looked crazy.

Give it up bro.....I agree with you to a point, however you can't say driving a car at 190+ within inches of another car for 2+ hours without crashing doesn't take skill. Ever drove a car over 190 MPH? Over 140? Things come at ya a little bit faster than at 75 MPH.....

Don't get me wrong, I'd take MX over NASCAR anyday...wait, I do...., but it's all about the numbers. Besides, almost everyone drives a car and feels they can do it better than anyone and if given the chance, could be the next Dale Earnhardt. However not everyone rides an MX bike of 120ft jumps, etc. Not enough peeps to relate. Our sport is viewed as an extreme sport because the only real press we get is when something "extreme" happens. Never much about the other 5234 laps.....

Anywho.....anyone have a motor for a 2007 KX450? ;)

No. i have not ever drove a car at 190 or 140. but what i mean is that if anybody was given the chance to drive a stock car every day then YES they could do it. not everyone has the skills to ride a MX bike or take a 40ft launch through the air rolling down the windows..lol.. then get back up and finish the race. just think of how many people show up to a national race or a supercross race. the numbers have got to be just as much as a nascar race if not more. Nascar takes no physical demand like MX does.

This would be a good thread by itself. No way my mother could drive a NASCAR everyday for the rest of her life and be competitive one day. NASCAR ain't all peas and carrots. Try racing a 4 banger class at your local speedway and you'll see.

They had another angle of Reed's crash that they showed during his interview at Washougal . It looked like he came down a lot harder than I even thought originally . That one will live on in highlight films for a long time to come .

They had another angle of Reed's crash that they showed during his interview at Washougal . It looked like he came down a lot harder than I even thought originally . That one will live on in highlight films for a long time to come .

ya i seen that he def hit the ground hard!

Yeah, I thought that angle showed how hard he really hit. These guys saying that any of us would have walked away are all crazy. I can tell you, I would not have been remounting my bike after that get off. Was Reed lucky, yes, very lucky. But at the end of the day that was a huge get off!!

When you stop and really study that clip, those guys are hauling butt over a mean track, it is extreme!
Then when you watch him start to lose it, how fast it went out of control and then the chaos that followed, you don't see better video than that from hollywood special effects, and yet this is real!!!!!!!!

How insane the sport has become.

I am with you.......He said he was in third gear wide open when he hit the face......Thats pretty fast.

Back