First Real moto Track?

MX315

PR Addict
What was the first Real Track you rode...Me I loaded up my bro's 87ranger on creagers with a 89yz125 and 92rm80..And pounded put a 1000 laps at SMITH ROAD...until George Kicked me and my bro off the track.....Iam wondering how many people will be at Smith Road on labor Day Just for this reason alone....WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST REAL TRACK????????? After that I went to Broken Spokes and still think about that upper track to this day....Sellards tearing it up.

May 1988. OIR. I was fresh outta the backyard, and we hadn't had the opportunity to meet Mr. Deep Ruts yet. Not only had we never seen ruts, but we hadn't jumped anything more than a foot and a half high. I looped out aaaallll the way down the big downhill, remounted, flipped it around the bowl turn at the bottom, then got sideways launching up the uphill and faceplanted really hard. That was only the first lap too. Funny thing is that I still got 11th cuz alotta the other riders got stuck in the two foot deep ruts that day-- Daytona style. I had a tendency back then to hold it wide open and steer until something bad happened-- usually I'd loop out. I prolly should have quit after that day, but I'm apparently not smart enough for that. --L*64

Crash and Burn in North Lawrence. Later he changed the name to Gran Prix raceway. Steve Wagner always giving the " I'll hang you in a tree if I catch you cheating " speech

Wow, I just dated myself back far. That place closed in the 80"s

Kenworthy's in 1988. Jumped straight into the deep end! I was somehow invited to come ride there on a non-race day after their last race of the year. I had flagged about half of their events that summer at 13 years old. They were nice enough to invite me out. Prob took me 5 minutes to complete one lap.

1991 - dragged my feet around the entire track and came to a dead stop in front of the camelback at pymatuning Holeshot raceway.

After the races I remember going up and getting a well deserved sticker from Jocko. Since then I have never understood how and why people do other things than motocross for fun....?!

WOW someone remembers good O'l Dusteye raceway. The ONLY track where they had a hare scramble in the morning then you could race the moto x in the afternoon. I raced there a ton. My first race was at Smith Road in 1974 on a Yammie DT 100.

Mansfield HS in 1978 on a 76 RM250. Starting your riding at the hare scrambles was awesome. Smith road was first MX in 1980.

Good ole" Sunset Ramblers. Back in the day when they had full reign of their property. Ran totally over a guy that fell in front of me on the first lap. Cased a jump and bit thru my tongue.

Broken Spokes in 1998. I had ridden a bike twice before that in some trails. I will never forget the first few times going to a real moto track.

Battlesburg MX spring 2010. Actually it was just thier peewee track at that.. hahahah The first real, actual, good motocross experiance was at Crow Canyon 2010 on the big track, first time I doubled.

Amherst Meadowlarks Motorcycle Club, Brown's Valley outside of Lodi, and Smith Rd Raceway all in 1974 on my 1974 Honda Elsinore MR50 that I got for my 5th Bday. Brown's Valley was owned and run by Bud and Bob Brown, 2 brother's who farmed and worked the land and had a gun shop at the location too. My dad used to practice there all the time during the week and would take me with him to ride on my Honda 50. Many memories from that place that I never hear about from anyone else......... must not have been that popular back in the day.

Amherst Meadowlarks Motorcycle Club, Brown's Valley outside of Lodi, and Smith Rd Raceway all in 1974 on my 1974 Honda Elsinore MR50 that I got for my 5th Bday. Brown's Valley was owned and run by Bud and Bob Brown, 2 brother's who farmed and worked the land and had a gun shop at the location too. My dad used to practice there all the time during the week and would take me with him to ride on my Honda 50. Many memories from that place that I never hear about from anyone else......... must not have been that popular back in the day.

WOW Rocket, you just struck a chord in me.... MR50 Elsinore. Guess my first real moto was in my backyard being Marty Smith !!! Yeeeeee Haaaaa

X-mas for me, 13 days after my 5th B-day. Moving to that bike from my Indian... I have been factory ever since.

WOW Rocket, you just struck a chord in me.... MR50 Elsinore. Guess my first real moto was in my backyard being Marty Smith !!! Yeeeeee Haaaaa

X-mas for me, 13 days after my 5th B-day. Moving to that bike from my Indian... I have been factory ever since.

You'll be even more jealous when you find out that I still have my 1974 MR50 Elsinore at the shop with me. I fire it up every couple of years and spin a few laps on it around the shop........... a lifetime of memories due to that bike!

Back