First Real moto Track?

1986 team harescramble with my dad. I can't remember what track. 2004 OIR MX on a 04 crf250f, just went to ride practice. Rode 450b and extra. That start was like On Any Sunday.

Wonder how many of us on here have started behind a rubber band......there are some on here that are wondering what your talking about.

I have..........snap ......wack if you are too close to the dang thing.

I wonder how many have done hands on the helmet starts????

I wonder how many have done a shotgun start ( hare scramble Ohio International 1977)

1982 at Sunset Ramblers on a 1979 KX 80. It was a rubber band start. 1983 was the year I got my first new bike. A 1983 KX 80. Alot of riding and racing at Honda Hills in the mid and late 80's.

I remember a shotgun start harescramble at the old Mathias Raceway near New Philly . The starter held the gun up high and pulled the trigger . It didn't fire because he had left the safety on but he flinched so bad in anticipation that about a fourth of the line took off anyway . The rest of us sat there waiting for a restart .... which never came . Lots of big grins at the trophy presentation that day .

Oddly I cant remember who was the first track for me? It was either Smith Beans or Broken spokes. Pretty sure it was beans though. Took a dirt nap 3 laps in and it was a wrap for me with broken levers if I can recall. Hows that for a spodes first track! I was fresh outta the woods and "Boyas" riding up until that time. Right up under 480 was where I first started riding.

Also Im not THAT old and Ive had a few rubberband starts for those inquiring lol.

The fall of '78. Rocky Ridge Raceway. Imperial, PA it was one of their crazy 10 trophy days, where everyone in the top 10 of each troophy class got a trophy. I raced 125 C on my '78 YZ125. Got 11th ;(

I do believe my first track experience was a race at Pyma back in the fall of 93 on my dads 1976 Honda MR250 elsinore. My good buddy James had moved away to Stow and came down to ride some trail back at my place. He shows up with a crisp new cr125. Tells me hes going racing next weekend. I was like WHAT!!! Racing. I thought they only did that stuff out in places like California. lol So i begged my Dad and off to Pyma we went. Never rode a track nor raced. Barely ever left the ground too. But in the heat of battle in the bommer class i lost my place on the track while staring directly at the guy just in front of me. Having little control of the big burly beast beneth me and wanting to make my first pass ever i kept it wound tight and flew over the triple that used to be by some bleachers. I remember alomst crapping my pant thinking oh man what have i done! But to everyones dismay it came crashing to the ground in a decent spot and with all the youthful energy i had i kept it on the track and finished the race. The silencer was hanging by a thread and my knuckles most definately were white as new sheets but i did finished.

All my memories from riding are at Broken Spokes from 98-01 for sure.

222755_10150577122085162_537565161_18724740_7794684_n.jpg

Had lots of fun on that Spokes Spectator Jump....remember many a times seeing top guys launching off that and darn near landing at the next corner before the whoops (when they were actually whoops)...

the first track i ever rode was dirtworld back in i wanna summer of 2002? i was on a 1998 kx100, pete kern and his boy got the track rented out for us and we had the track all to ourselves. and if it wasnt there it was broken spokes, i know thats the first open practice i ever went too.

Back