Highland lakes mx

663dad

PR Addict
Highland lakes mx/ BUCKEYE HILLS MX

How many riders would love to come out to a open practice? Ride the same track layout that everyone use to love.
This will happen in late fall if interested. This will be a weekend event only.

Never been to Highland Lakes…? Should I keep an eye on this thread?
What is it? Where is it?
Would this Open Ride be worth making a trip from the North?
How about some info on the place?
How about some comments from others that have been there......

I rode there a few times back in 2005. Nice track and facility. Some elevation changes with good dirt. It may have changed somewhat since the last time I rode there. Not sure it would be worth the three + hour drive though.

We loved the track while it lasted. Only thing I would request is to spilt the biger bikes from the smaller, and have some flaggers out there. The elevation changes are awesome, but leaves some blind spots. Only reason I say that is cause my son was landed on one time. Awesome place though.

How many riders would love to come out to a open practice? Ride the same track layout that everyone use to love.
This will happen in late fall if interested. This will be a weekend event only.

Man I'd be there all weekend. Sharc, for you guys up North it would be like Beachwood opening up for a weekend. A place everyone loved and misses dearly. Lots of elevation and shade. A couple beautiful lakes. It's where I first saw a young kid named Tyler Bowers jump about 200 feet down this hill, nose on the front fender like some sort of long jump skiier.

Never been to Highland Lakes…? Should I keep an eye on this thread?
What is it? Where is it?
Would this Open Ride be worth making a trip from the North?
How about some info on the place?
How about some comments from others that have been there......

Its about 2 hours from the Cliff, down just south of Hillsboro. The center tunnel, big white trailer, and few other odds and ends that we have came from there about 4 years ago. Big elevations changes, looked fun.

I have a couple videos I had made of the place... helmet cam and camera. I will look them up.

The only question is...will it be prepped the same? Jeff would water the place days before an open practice and race and was rarely ever any dust. Excellent lay out, some big, but safe jumps, elevation changes....definitely worth the drive to ride there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYUno9NBzQE

663dad that video is only 2 weeks old. Do you know the group in that video. There are a number of guys there. Who is Troyracing217?

Yes we were there, as well as several other riders. We are working on the track and the owner has some great ideas to make this a great weekend. The dirt is great and well worth the trip!!!!!!!!!!!! 217 is a 85 rider we will post new videos in the near future to show various lines, jumps and corners.

I have a couple videos I had made of the place... helmet cam and camera. I will look them up.

The only question is...will it be prepped the same? Jeff would water the place days before an open practice and race and was rarely ever any dust. Excellent lay out, some big, but safe jumps, elevation changes....definitely worth the drive to ride there.

yes the track will be watered and prepped both days . We raced and practiced here 5 years ago and this is the same dirt and track that everyone loved.

yes the track will be watered and prepped both days . We raced and practiced here 5 years ago and this is the same dirt and track that everyone loved.

Good to hear! I know the hard work and effort Jeff put into the place. I was one of the many helpers back in the day.

WHHHHAAAAATTT!!??? Is this some kind of sick joke??? I LOVED this place....rode it the last practice before they closed, fell in love, only to find out they were done. So bummed!!!! Sooo much fun and I LOVE the elevation changes...i mean...thats truely what makes it an MX track.....who wants to ride on a baseball diamond with mounds set up here and there..... Id be in for sure! Who owns the track now and whats the latest with the track just wandering???

WHHHHAAAAATTT!!??? Is this some kind of sick joke??? I LOVED this place....rode it the last practice before they closed, fell in love, only to find out they were done. So bummed!!!! Sooo much fun and I LOVE the elevation changes...i mean...thats truely what makes it an MX track.....who wants to ride on a baseball diamond with mounds set up here and there..... Id be in for sure! Who owns the track now and whats the latest with the track just wandering???[/QUOTE

nope no joke. this track will have a opening weekend, coming up in late fall. we just want everyone to have the best track to ride on like the past.

Fall weekend ride date!

The date will be October 15th and 16th

I will post the various events the track will be having on these dates in the next several weeks. Please note there will be a new track name in the next several weeks also.

i will be posting pictures in the next several weeks also

Back